did it

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-1999, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool did it

Well I went ahead and got the chip! Hopefully it will get here fairly quick. Now I just need my headers to get here, got the ceramic coated jba's. I already have the airaid so hopefully with all this I will be cruising a little better and get some better mileage to boot.

Later, Akula

Old 11-19-1999, 09:19 AM
'bout damn time...

Old 11-19-1999, 02:16 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear AKULA,

You have a very nice and well-rounded set of modifications that work very well together, congrats on great decisions! The Airaid unit and the JBA headers are great additions that will work very nicely with the Superchip.

The sum total of these 3 mods should get you about a 50hp gain or so, so you'll definitely feel it! Each of them should also help with gas mileage a bit too, hopefully!

One thing to be aware of is that your computer code, ZZT3, has been affected by the misconfigured jumper from the factory, which can cause a "no-start" as some others here have experienced with this code. If that happens, it's very easy to fix. Since you're right there in Florida, if you are close enough to the Orlando area, you may want to go right to the manufacturer Superchips and have them do it on the spot for you, or, you can easily have the jumper closed locally. There is a URL on the manufacturer's web site that describes this, and has 3 color photos of the circuit boards affected. This is at: www.superchips.com/jumper.htm

You can take that information to any TV, VCR, or radio repair shop, and have them close the jumper for you, it just takes a drop of solder. Or, you can have a local tech call Superchips toll-free, and have them walk the tech thru it, it's very easy, and the support from Superchips is excellent.

Just let me know if you need any assistance with that, OK? Our number and email are below for your convenience.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 11-26-1999, 09:58 PM
Thumbs up

I did it too.

I called Mike T, and ordered it on Wednesday.I allready have a Bassani cat back system, and have a Western Motor Sports Velocity Tube on it's way.
We will see how all these mods will make my 1999 4x4 4.6V8 regular cab/short bed go.

I wish to thank everyone for there posts here, and also Mike T, for his answers to all the questios.This site has really helped me to make some good dissisions.
I wish I had had this page in 1993, and 94 when I did some mods on my 93 Lightning.It would have saved me some time and money.
Now that the mechanical stuff is done, it will be time for new tunes soon. Will this ever end, Guess I won't be buying a lot of Christmas presents this year. LOL

Old 11-26-1999, 11:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Well akula's profile indicates he is one of us "tech's" so this will be a walk in the park for him.
Let us know haow it goes.