9100 and trans shifting

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9100 and trans shifting

Mike,
If i send the 9100 back and have you lower the line pressure do i need to install the stock program? Love the shifts in max but tow is a little rough when towing the boat. also noticed the other day with truck idleing for 15 minutes that when i took off the truck seemed to bog down a little, like it was too rich, thoughts? and last, if i bump base timing to 11 vice 10 what do you think?

Old 04-24-2004, 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Randy,

This isn't a general Computer Chips question for this forum, but instead is a matter of Tech Support between vendor & customer - thus it's against the rules of F-150 Online to discuss that here. Please follow the rules of F-150 Online (and ours), and give us a call for any Tech Support - and thanks for your understanding.

Because you may have what I consider to be an emergency, I will tell you just briefly...........

1.) Make sure to keep that initial timing to STOCK specs, and never crank in even more timing on top of the performance tuning.

2.) No, you are not "running rich" because of our tuning - nor is there any way that it's making less power than stock anywhere with our tuning, etc. The *only* way you will ever know what A/F ratio it's tunning is to have that tested with a proper wideband O2. Your truck runs stoich A/F's (14.64:1) in closed loop like every other computer controlled fuel injected car or light truck, and in the mid-12's in open loop - any variance from that generally means you have a *mechanical* problem, which is entirely possible in that older 5.0 F-150 - dirty MAF, older O2's, EGR, etc., etc - there are many possibilities.

3.) There is nowhere in our tuning for your truck where we have added any fuel whatsoever, in either closed loop or open loop, just to let you know - nor have we changed the MAF transfer function or anything else that could contribute to a "rich" condition. So if you actually did have such an issue, it would not be due to our tuning. I suggest that you do proper diagnosis to include datalogging, to find out just what is *really* going on.

4.) Yes, if you want us to make an adjustment to your tuning, you need to first return your vehicle back to it's STOCK tune with the Micro Tuner - then send it back to us. But give us ac all FIRST, so we can go over that with you, and issue an RMA - don't just send it in.

For any questions about any of this, just give us a call at our number listed below & we'll be happy to go over this with you - thanks in advance for your understanding.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 04-24-2004 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-24-2004, 01:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Mike, I am work for another 1/2 hour give me a call.
Marc

Old 04-26-2004, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Superchips_Distributor
[B]Hi Randy,

This isn't a general Computer Chips question for this forum, but instead is a matter of Tech Support between vendor & customer - thus it's against the rules of F-150 Online to discuss that here. Please follow the rules of F-150 Online (and ours), and give us a call for any Tech Support - and thanks for your understanding.

Sorry If I stepped over the line. My intention was not to violate any rules and will try not to in the future.

I'll give you a call, was just trying to avoid having to send it back-AS I LOVE THIS THING!

Quick Reply: 9100 and trans shifting