9100 Micro tuner question

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 09:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9100 Micro tuner question

I told Troyer Performance that my truck was totaly stock and the tuner will be programed as such.

But,

I will be putting 265/75/16's on now. Will this affect the programing?

I knew I was getting the tires, but I just didn't think of it at the time. Then when I got the, it's already shipped email, it just ckicked. What an idiot I haven't even gotten it yet.

So somebody in the know enlighten me.

Thanks,

Roman

Last edited by Sgt Cox; 04-30-2004 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:17 PM
call mike

call mike troyer and let him know

Old 04-24-2004, 04:03 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Roman,

Well, if you change tire sizes, that can *potentially* affect the program - it's a matter of whether or not you are altering th actual height of that tire by more than about 3%-5%.

If it's just a small change, like 3% or less, you won't have any problems, and usually the speedo isn't far off enough to really matter much, for most people.

What we do for our 9100 customers if they install a different gear ratio or tire size, then we will make that change to their custom tuning fee of charge - just the return shipping cost is all they pay, we do the work free.

What I would suggest at this point is to give me a call when you get a chance, and lets go over both your original tire size and your new tire size. Then while we're on the phone together, I'll take a look inside your programs, and let you know if we should make a change or not - but even if we do need to, don't worry, that only costs a few bucks to ship the unit back out to you, we'll do those changes for you free, no problem!

There is one other really neat option that is brand new that you'll want to know about, and this literally just because available 2 days ago - for a small fee, we now have a 9100 Micro tuner flashing cable & software package for your PC, so that we can simply EMAIL any tuning changes to you! Then you can instantly reflash the new tuning programs into your own Micro Tuner, and be all set!

Talk to you soon,

Old 04-24-2004, 04:27 PM
Oh.....The email for the tunning sounds nice. How much does the cable and such cost?

Old 04-24-2004, 07:36 PM
mike,

Looks like it is a 5.31% differance in tire diameter.

I'll give you a call.

Thanks, Roman

Old 04-29-2004, 11:30 PM
UPDATE!!!!!

I got the Troyer Performance Stage 1 Performance Package
Stage1-MT

I saw micro tuner and ASSumed that it was the 9100. Not so. 1715 is whats included, just to keep this from happening to anyone else.

Anyway I love the magnaflow 15609 SISO exhaust. Definitely not loud at all. Installation was really strait foward. I would suggest buying another 2 1/2" exhaust clamp. I stripped a nut out on the one they shipped. Rethreaded the U-bolt and put a new nut on. Then gettng it as tight as I dared, it barely got tight enough to called OK, but not REALLY tight.

Love the Air Force One no complaints at all. It doesn't whistle and whine as much as other intakes I've heard. In fact I hardly hear any kind of intake noise at all, just V8 Growl. Yea Baby!!

The 1715 Micro Tuner, well If there really is a night and day differance in the 9100 and the 1715. ***BUY THE 9100!!!*** That's the nicest way I can put it. You'd be a fool not spend less than $24 more dollars on it. I know....I know...I'm a fool, but I thought it was going to be the 9100, but looking at the description it only says micro tuner it never says which one. Like I said, I ASSumed.

Well that's about it. I'd be happy to answer anymore specific questions about any mod?

Happy Trucking,

Roman

Oh, and now today I read today to ask about a F150 online discount, man I really botched this purchase up. Oh well I'm happy with everything overall, but it would have been nice to have saved a buck.

Old 04-30-2004, 11:16 AM
Sgt ***:

are you happy with the 1715? i couldnt quite tell what your opinion was by your post. i will be getting one in a few days and i was just wondering.

Old 05-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Roman,

You didn't "botch" anything up - that additional "discount" only applies when ordering the *standard* Superchips products *separately* - like the 1715 unit for the gas-engine trucks, the 1705 for the diesels, the 1704 for the new 6.0 PSD's, etc. That does not apply to anything else you see on our web site - not the 9100 with our custom tuning, not any of the Stage packages, or anything else.

The only reason that applies to even the "standard" Superchips products is simply due to the manufacturer's MAP (minimum advertised price) guidelines, that prohibit us from advertising a lower price - so for those products *only* (again, that's the "standard" Micro Tuners, when purchased *separately*), calling us gets you your best price for members of F-150 Online.

So you didn't miss out on anything.

We debated adding a version of our Stage 1 kit that includes the 9100 Micro Tuner - but our Stage 1 package includes modifications that do not require custom tuning, so we wanted to provide the most cost-effective package we could, using the best parts money can buy. In our Stage packages that have modifications that *require* custom tuning, that custom tuning is included in the 9100 Micro Tuner where applicable, and in those packages the 9100 Micro Tuner is identified specifically. In the Stage 1 package, it's not applicable, so it uses the standard 1715 Micro Tuner - which works very well, of course.

But given your situation, perhaps it would make sense for us to go ahead and put up another version of our Stage 1 package, to include the 9100 with our in-depth custom tuning - we'll give that some thought.

I also went back to take a look at the text of that package's description, and it just says "Superchips Micro Tuner" - so we went into that description and made sure to add that it's the #1715 Micro Tuner. That text was written before the 9100 came out (the 9100 just came out a couple of months ago), so at the time it wasn't applicable, as there was only one Superchips Micro Tuner for those vehicles.

I do have an idea that might work for you in this situation - I can't go into details here, as these are matters that are between vendor & customer - so please give us a quick call when you get a chance, as I have an option for you that I think you'll be very interested in.

At any rate, thanks for your post & enjoy your Stage 1 package!

Old 05-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Not to take away from this thread, but did you recieve my email Mike?Just wanted to make sure you knew I havent forgot about you.Details in the email.

Last edited by Orange-F150; 05-02-2004 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:47 PM
Spaceman, I'm not a "Car Guy", I don't know what 18-20 HP means in terms of hitting the gas and being able to FEEL the differance. All I can say about the 1715 is don't expect maricles. An inprovement yes, night and day, compared to stock. In my opnion, no. More like half-moon and full moon.

Mr. Troyer, I'm not trying to slight your products in any way. Like I said overall I'm happy with all the products. I'll give you a call though about my tire situation and just to see what you had in mind.

Thanks, Roman

Quick Reply: 9100 Micro tuner question