KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA SUPERCHARGER ON 5.4

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-1999, 09:31 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hey Neal,

I have the 4.6 in my truck and I'm not sure if it is the Blowzilla package or not. I do know that you are paying 40 dollars more than I did. From all the documentation it looks like the Blower for both the 4.6 and 5.4 are the same. They have different setups for the each respective engines (this might be a question to ask). As for the Supechip I also sent mine in last week and can't wait for it to come in because I'm tired of going at half throttle. Racing is something I don't do very often, not sure why, but not to many people seem to want to. I have to say the install was easy by what the guys said. They billed me for $700 dollars for about 8 hours of work (Taking their time like I told them to. Wanted done right not fast). They looked me up and down and told me it would take 12 hours for me to do it(they got a chuckle out of that). I did take a look through the instructions and they seem to be very easy and straight forward.

------------------
Mumbly also known as Buck
Carrollton Texas (DFW), Member of Fordified.
Black 1999 Stage 3 Roush F-150 Super Cab Flairside
Here are all the goodies: Kenne Bell Supercharger, Roush Suspension, 18"x 9.5 Chrome Wheels, B. F. Goodrich Z295/45, Full Ground Effects, Roush Leather Signatured Interior (Front and Back), Flowmaster with Side Exit Infront of the Wheel, Embroidered Floor Mats, F1 Cobra Hood, ******* Hard Tonneau, Bedrug, Slide Window, and lots of other little odds and ends

Work mumblywork@myf150.com
Home mumbly@myf150.com

[This message has been edited by Mumbly (edited 11-02-1999).]

Old 11-02-1999, 10:05 PM
Mumbly,

Have you got any pics of your truck w/ the Cobra style hood? I'm planning on purchasing one when I order my Kenne Belle next year. Thanks!

------------------
'98 5.4 EB Expy
Gibson catback
IPD Rear swaybar
Bilstein Shocks
Hood Guard

Old 11-02-1999, 10:11 PM
Banned
I sure do. Here ya go

Contact me if ya need more info.

------------------
Here are all the goodies: Kenne Bell Supercharger, Roush Suspension, 18"x 9.5 Chrome Wheels, B. F. Goodrich Z295/45, Full Ground Effects, Roush Leather Signatured Interior (Front and Back), Flowmaster with Side Exit Infront of the Wheel, Embroidered Floor Mats, F1 Cobra Hood, ******* Hard Tonneau, Bedrug, Slide Window, and lots of other little odds and ends

Home mumbly@myf150.com

[This message has been edited by Mumbly (edited 11-02-1999).]

Old 11-03-1999, 12:16 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear Mumbly (Buck),

Thanks for uploading that picture! Under your hood looks great, and I especially liked your stategic location of your F150online.com sticker, excellent!

I too, am very interested in whether or not this kit includes the custom chip. Neal called me and we talked about this for some time, and according to what he told me, I recommended that he use their chip, if it is prepared for that kit in the manner that they represented it to him. Is it possible that you guys are talking aobut two different kits from Kenne-Bell?!? Or did they just recently start including the custom chip perhaps? At any rate, thanks for giving Neal and the rest of us the heads-up about checking to make sure the custom chip is included, as that is of course very important in these supercharged applications.

Best of luck with your supercharged truck!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 11-03-1999, 12:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

HI!... MUMBLY I love your hood! I would like to get one of those as well in the future. Nice truck!

------------------
NEAL [ the horsepower freak ] NEWMAN
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, SUPERCHIP

Old 11-03-1999, 06:15 AM
Talking

Hey Neal,

I live right across the border from you. (Berkley, not Detroit) Let me know when you want to order your supercharger. I can order it for you to my address, then you pick it up here. Maybe save you a little money. Or better yet, I'll bring it over to you on the way to the "Windor Ballet".

Chris.

PS. If I order it for you in the states, you have to give me a ride after the install!

------------------
96 F 150 SC 4x4, 5.0, All Black, Custom Cat Back 3 Chamber Flowmaster with dual outs and 3.5" tips, Superchip, and K&N Filter

Old 11-03-1999, 07:03 AM
Only on thing to say, SHARP!!!

Where did you order the hood from and how much did you pay? I've found them from $695-$995, is that about right? Again Thanks!

Old 11-03-1999, 07:05 AM
One more thing, I've seen them in a ramair version. Is your that way?

------------------
'98 5.4 EB Expy
Gibson catback
IPD Rear swaybar
Bilstein Shocks
Hood Guard

Old 11-03-1999, 07:47 AM
Sorry, took a better loof at you pic. Noticed that it wasn't a ramair due to the s/c. Any more pics would be great though!

------------------
'98 5.4 EB Expy
Gibson catback
IPD Rear swaybar
Bilstein Shocks
Hood Guard

"Its so big... It's gotta be blown!"

Old 11-03-1999, 11:34 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, great looking truck, Mumbly!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 11-03-1999, 01:14 PM
Mumbly,

Maybe the reason folks don't wanna race much on the streets of DFW.....there's too many cars! And at all hours! I had to go into work an hour earlier than my normal 7:00 AM departure time and was amazed how packed Central Expressway was at 6:OO in the morning. When I was a kid, a cricket could crawl across Central at that hour and have a very good chance of surviving.

Of course, he might make it now by merely hopping from car to car...they're not moving!

Too bad Grand Prairie shot down their drag strip in yesterday's election...

Old 11-03-1999, 01:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

HI!... CHRIS: When the time comes you have a deal! Hell take you for a ride in it, if you do that for me I'll let you drive it! THANKS Neal.

------------------
NEAL [ the horsepower freak ] NEWMAN
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, SUPERCHIP

Old 11-03-1999, 04:16 PM
I love that hood. I love the idea of a 4.6 with a supercharger!

Old 11-04-1999, 02:49 PM
Mumbly,

Is there any reason why you haven't installed a set of headers on your truck? Especially with the blower?

I've read several different posts with the neg sides of adding one?

------------------
'98 5.4 EB Expy
Gibson catback
IPD Rear swaybar
Bilstein Shocks
Hood Guard

"Its so big... It's gotta be blown!"

Old 11-04-1999, 11:40 PM
Banned
Cool

Wow, so many questions. Sorry for not responding quicker, I have been real busy.

Way2Big, I got the hood from American Auto Design when they were in Dallas. They have since moved to Florida. Here is their web page http://www.americanautodesigns.com/ . As for the Headers I was thinking about doing it and have heard negative comments as well. It's still up in the air on that.
Here is a pic from the Texas Rally.

------------------

Home mumbly@myf150.com

[This message has been edited by Mumbly (edited 11-04-1999).]

Quick Reply: KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA SUPERCHARGER ON 5.4