Spanked Camaro ZR-28......Hard

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-1999, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Spanked Camaro ZR-28......Hard

If you are not familiar with the ZR-28, this is a package done here in Dallas by L.G. Motorsports.Supposed to be the "****" By the way, they did some work for me early on in my HP venture. ( Very POOR Service, bunch of irresponsible kid's ), anyway...back to the story.

My wife and I are leaving the movies about 7:30PM, and in the parking lot I see the youngster with the ZR, and he gets in and revs excessively, I crank the ROUSH up, and immediately get his attention, and we end up driving off kinda eyeballin each other.

My wife knows what I'm up to, and tries to talk me out of it, so I figure OK, I'll be a good boy. So we get to a stoplight, and here comes Mr. ZR. He gets beside me, and starts the excessive revving again. Needless to say, I did the same, and it was on. I got about 1/2 length on the start, but pulled away hard in about an 1/8th mile stretch.

He turned off at the next light, with his tail between his legs.....

------------------
97 Blk. ROUSH F150
Powerdyne Supercharger
SVT S.S. Headers
TurboMAX Dual Exhaust
4.10:1 Rear Gears
Superchips, Inc. Chip
MSD DIS-4 Ignition
Moovin and Groovin on new go-fast parts

Old 12-21-1999, 02:59 PM
Thumbs up

Hey Mike,

Long time, no hear..I didn't install the MSD myself. I had Lone Star Performance here in Dallas do the install. I did read the installation manual, and it does look a little detailed.

I need to send the chip back in for a re-program after installation. It gave me a noticable boost.

I am thinking about different heads.

Cee ya.

------------------
97 Blk. ROUSH F150
Powerdyne Supercharger
SVT S.S. Headers
TurboMAX Dual Exhaust
Superchips, Inc. Chip
MSD DIS-4 Ignition

Old 12-21-1999, 03:19 PM
Banned
FastAssRoush, Glad to hear of the Kill. Even more interested in the fact that you are here in Dallas. I to own a Roush and would like to know if your interested in getting together at one of our F150 Online DFW Chapter get togethers that we have been having in the DFW area (check out the events thread for some info). If your interested let me know.

------------------
Mumbly also known as Buck
Carrollton Texas (DFW), Member of Fordified.
Black 1999 Stage 3 Roush F-150 Super Cab Flairside
Here are all the goodies: Kenne Bell Supercharger, Roush Suspension, 18"x 9.5 Chrome Wheels, B. F. Goodrich Z295/45, Full Ground Effects, Roush Leather Signatured Interior (Front and Back), Flowmaster with Side Exit Infront of the Wheel, Embroidered Floor Mats, F1 Cobra Hood, ******* Hard Tonneau, Bedrug, Slide Window, and lots of other little odds and ends

Work mumblywork@myf150.com
Home mumbly@myf150.com

[This message has been edited by Mumbly (edited 12-21-1999).]

Old 12-21-1999, 03:50 PM
Mumbly,

Sure thing. I think I have seen you around town. It used to be Deion Sanders, and myself owned the only Black Roush's in the Metroplex.

When is the next get together????

Happy Roddin....

------------------
97 Black ROUSH F150
Dallas, Texas
Powerdyne Supercharger
SVT S.S. Headers
TurboMAX Dual Exhaust
Superchips, Inc. Chip
MSD DIS-4 Ignition

Old 12-21-1999, 04:12 PM
Banned
Cool

FastAssRoush, we are working on that right now on the Events Thread. It looks like some people may get together on Jan 14th. Unfortunetly I will have to work that night but nothing is final. Take a look and give us your input if you want.

Old 12-21-1999, 05:02 PM
FAR,

Hope you can make it to the next rally, it would be pretty cool to have two Roush trucks there.

Mumbly, try your best to make it, we need you there bro.

------------------

Patrick aka Mudder
Arlington Texas (DFW), member of Fordified.
Stone Cold edition F150,Black 98 Styleside S/C F150 4x4 0RP 5.4 3.55ls, Ramsey Pro 8000 hidden winch, Grizzly roll bar,2 Baja lights, 4 165 watt KC lights (I can light up the night with these), Manik grille guard, Westin step bars, Rhino Tailight guards (thanks Pony), Magnum bug shield, Sonic aluminum treadplate 36" tool box, Flowmaster dual exhaust, K/N air filter, 265/75/16 BFG AT/S, American Racing Baja wheels, a Mobil Speed Pass on the back window, a F150 Online sticker, and a Stone Cold sticker on the front windshield . More to come for the 3:16 machine: 2 more KC lights, shocks, and possibly a 3" Performance Accessories body lift. If you would like to see pics, email me at mudder46@hotmail.com or see pics at me and pony's new website www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8, and to hear the exhaust http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8/images/T005.wav
Ford Trucks: "when you absolutely have to have the very best".

[This message has been edited by mudder (edited 12-21-1999).]

Old 12-21-1999, 09:33 PM
Thumbs up

ROUSH BOYS KICK!!!!! i have a roush suspention b-cause thats all i can afford plus i'm in CT. which doesn't help any no dealers, i had to scam the suspention!!!i wish there were more truckers up north!!!

Trending Topics

Old 12-21-1999, 10:23 PM
Cool

Hi FastAssRoush
Glad to see some Roush Fans here, I am a Roush fan myself, look at my page it has a link to Roush Racing.
My question to you tell me about the MSD DIS-4 ignition.What part # is it, how hard to install, and would it work on a non supercharged 4.6V8 , and what kind of performance gains could I get from it.
Thanks
-----------------
1999 F150 4x4 4.6V8 regcab/shortbed.
Oxford White with Blue two tone, Blue captains chairs.
Bassani cat back, Superchip, WMS Velocity Tube http://sites.netscape.net/dhco http://sites.netscape.net/dhco/pic

Old 12-22-1999, 12:09 AM
Talking

uMMM can I have the supercharger please.. ohhh i want one so bad

Congrats on the race

------------------
Fred Folkerts/Chicago IL
1997 Ford 150XLT Black
5.4 TRiTiON/4x4 Off Road

Old 12-22-1999, 12:12 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear FAR,

I think it's something universal about wives, most of them tend to try and save us from our impulses.

Wow that's a nicely configured truck, looking at your signature line. How hard was the new MSD DIS-4 box to install? I read an article on it recently, that said there was a fair amount of splicing into wiring that had to be done, (the article was very favorable about the unit itself) was yours the same?

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 12-22-1999, 09:55 AM
Hi Don C,

Here is a brief blurb from the brochure for the MSD-DIS4. Lone Star Performance in Dallas did the install for me, and I understand it was fairly detailed with the wiring process.

I can see mild gains from the box. I am not sure what kind of boost you would see w/o a Supercharger. It was recommended to me, because I was griping about when my SC kicked in. It helps the lower to mid range power.

Hope this helps....
http://www.msdignition.com/

The multi-channel design of the MSD DIS Ignitions saturate each coil pack with 470 volts and up to 115 millijoules of spark energy. This creates more efficient combustion in the cylinders to produce more power. Throttle response and mid range pull are also improved due to a series of powerful multiple sparks that last for 20° of crankshaft rotation.

To complete the package MSD engineers built several great programmable features into the DIS ignitions to give you better performance on the track. There is a Two Step Rev Control which gives you one limit to set for holeshots and another for top end performance. For engines using nitrous or extremely high cylinder pressures you can also program a High Speed Retard after the engine hits total timing. Both of these features are easy to adjust with built-in dip switches

------------------
97 Black ROUSH F150
Dallas, Texas
Powerdyne Supercharger
SVT S.S. Headers
TurboMAX Dual Exhaust
Superchips, Inc. Chip
MSD DIS-4 Ignition

Old 12-22-1999, 04:51 PM
Former Sponsor
Dear FAR,

OK, thanks for the feedback on your MSD DIS-4 unit. I know it's worthwhile, I've been using MSD stuff for many years, like a lot of other people, so it's hard to go wrong with MSD.

Sounds like I need to pick one up too!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 12-22-1999, 11:16 PM
FastAssRoush
Thanks a lot, I will have to think about the MSD, but the info is helpful.

Old 12-23-1999, 02:01 PM
Former Sponsor
Hey Don C,

How'd you ever get that radome loaded into the back of that truck?!? (Just kidding, the photo gives a decent illusion of that effect)

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 12-23-1999).]

Old 12-23-1999, 02:02 PM
Former Sponsor
Hey DOn C,

How'd yo ever get that radome loaded into the back of that truck?!? (Just kidding, the photo gives a decent illusion of that effect)

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Quick Reply: Spanked Camaro ZR-28......Hard