What is a "time window module" ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-1999, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What is a "time window module" ?

Need some help...no interior lights, power windows, and wipers when the truck is cold....electrical shop said could be cold solder joint on a time window module. What the heck is that and where is it ? Is it a probable cause and/or easy to install. My search on the web is endless but no such result. Help !!!!!

Old 12-27-1999, 11:50 AM
It sounds like the Generic Electric Module. This info is from the service manual.

The GEM controls the following features:

Wipers/washers.

Warning chimes.

Battery saver.

Illuminated entry and courtesy lamps.

Driver power window.

Accessory delay.

4-wheel drive.

1. CAUTION:
Electronic modules are sensitive to electrical charges. If exposed to these charges, damage may result.

Disconnect the battery ground cable (14301).

2. Remove the cover from the instrument panel fuse junction panel.

3. Remove the lower instrument panel steering column cover (044F08).

1 Remove the lower instrument panel steering column cover bolts.

2 Remove the lower instrument panel steering column cover.

4. Remove the (A) bulkhead electrical connectors from the (B) instrument panel fuse junction panel.

5. Remove the (A) instrument panel fuse junction panel bolts and remove the (B) interior fuse junction panel nuts.

6. Disconnect the (A) generic electronic module/central timer module (GEM/CTM) electrical connectors from the (B) GEM/CTM.

7. Remove the GEM/CTM screws and the GEM/CTM.

Installation

Note:
When the battery (10655) is disconnected and reconnected, some abnormal drive symptoms may occur while the vehicle relearns its adaptive strategy. The vehicle may need to be driven 16 km (10 mi) or more to relearn the strategy.

Old 12-27-1999, 01:07 PM
Cool

Thanks Mark....I have it in the dealer today. It has to be the GEM since it's so intermittent. Hoping they come to the same conclusion. Will post their diagnosis. Did you notice a GEM post on the engine message board ?

Old 12-27-1999, 02:59 PM
I'm sure they will be able to fix your problem. I will check the the engine topic, I don't have a lot of time these days to look around all the topics.