Attention NOMO!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-1999, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Attention NOMO!

Hey,

What happen to that article that you wrote up about how to install a SuperChip in your F150 where you took the computer out from under the hood? I can't seem to find it anywhere and I really need it! Did you take it down or has the address changed or what?

Thanks!

Old 12-28-1999, 02:13 PM
Talking

Why are you trying to take it out from under the hood? I mean since the computer sits in between the firewall I guess its okie.. But hey I like to do it the easy way.

If you want to go through under the hood just remove the battery and battery tray. you should have enough room to remove the computer then

------------------
Fred Folkerts/Chicago IL
1997 Ford 150XLT Black
5.4 TRiTiON/4x4 Off Road

Old 12-28-1999, 03:51 PM
Well on my truck the computer is beide the parking brake pedal. Behind a big piece of aluminum and willt ake probably 30 mins to get to. But I can look under the hood and see the computer sticking out of the firewall and NOMO had a very good write up on how to do this.

Old 12-29-1999, 02:35 PM
Ahhh i see where your comming from.. Hmm without being in front of the truck I really could tell you.. search for NOMO and see if it comes up with his post about the superchip

Good Luck

------------------
Fred Folkerts/Chicago IL
1997 Ford 150XLT Black
5.4 TRiTiON/4x4 Off Road

Old 12-29-1999, 02:44 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
All F-series trucks from the 1996 model year and earlier have their computers mounted in the driver's kickpanel, behind the aluminum mounting plate for the emergency brake pedal. It's one of the more difficult places to get to, but there are tricks for it. I have a set of good step-by-step instructions for getting to the computer from the kick panel, which we send to all our custoemrs with those model year vehicles. NOMO did a nice piece on his web site about his method for getting to his, which was from under the hood, by prying on the inner fender, I think it was, I don't remember.

So there are a couple of ways for getting to it, and it's far different from any '97 & up F-150.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Quick Reply: Attention NOMO!