LEAKS!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-1999, 01:05 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear ROUSHFAN-1,

No chip can cause a transmission leak on a healthy transmission. They do not raise the line pressure anywhere near enough to cause any kind of problem like that, Even if you cranked up the line pressure to 100% inside the program, you won't get a leak from it.

Also, line pressure is generally not increased until you get into the throttle a bit more, so it's not like the transmission is running on extremely high line pressures all the time, that's not how it works, generally speaking. These transmissions are simply not physically capable of generating enough physical line pressure to cause problems. Just to give you an idea of how low line pressures are in today's Ford automatics, my 4R70W made only 96 PSI stock, and is now set up to 126 PSI.

Just so you know, a chip can increase the amount of line pressure that is dialed into the program, but it is still limited by the transmissions physical ability to *generate* line pressure, you see. In other words, the chip dials in more of what's already there, it doesn't make the transmission physically capable of generating any more line pressure.

I've run automatics with many times that amount of line pressure on the street as my daily driver, with never a problem.

Your leak problem comes from something else, and not your chip, I would say.

Good luck,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 12-30-1999, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

thanx

------------------
pacific green 97 f150 4.6l..reg cab flareside ,ROUSH suspention down 3 fr and3.5rear,snug lid,carpeted bed, painted tailight accents,4x4 grill &bumper,k&n,chip,ram air kit,valvoline synthetic,accel super stock wires,platinum plus4 plugs,flow master muff,blue halogen bulbs,killer stereo, speed-glo dash,carbon fiber gauge accent,..."#6 sticker!!!!"

Old 12-30-1999, 08:14 PM
Your transmission does not apply pressure on the pan gasket. No automatic transmission does. The pan gasket is more or less there to keep the fluid from sloshing out. :-)

------------------
98 SC/XL/4.2/5 speed/3.08/MoonLight Blue Metalic/Mobil One Synthetic/235.70S.16 Michelin XC LT4/AR-136 Wheels/Chrome Nerf Bars/Bug Shield/Aluminum Tool Box/K&N/Superchip/NOS maybe.

DAMN FLEXING DOOR CRACK!

Ford Engineering, reinforce the curve in the door! The cracks will stop.

Old 12-31-1999, 12:54 AM
Exclamation LEAKS!

has anyone experienced tranny leaks from having the increased fluid pressure over time????????i had my pan gasket changed i think it was the increased pressure???????from my hyper-tech chip....?!?!?!?!?!?

------------------
pacific green 97 f150 4.6l..reg cab flareside ,ROUSH suspention down 3 fr and3.5rear,snug lid,carpeted bed, painted tailight accents,4x4 grill &bumper,k&n,chip,ram air kit,valvoline synthetic,accel super stock wires,platinum plus4 plugs,flow master muff,blue halogen bulbs,killer stereo, speed-glo dash,carbon fiber gauge accent,..."#6 sticker!!!!"

Quick Reply: LEAKS!