Its here!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-1999, 04:48 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Neal,

So You are the one that keeps screwing up these messages! A ha! Fix your browser. Click on EDIT-Perferences. Then om MaiL & Newsgroup. Then click on the + sign. Then Click on Messages, Where it says Message Wraping- Wrap outgoing plain text messages at ??? Characters, set it to 60. Do it right and you might get a peice of cake.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

------------------
00 F-150 XLT SC Flairside 4x4 4.6 w/5spd
Warn XD9000i, skid plates, Draw tite class III,
Rancho RSX Reflex shocks,
SmittyBilt Nerfs, Borla Cat Back
Modified Air Cleaner Outlet Tube,
Superchips

Old 12-26-1999, 01:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

HI!... JMC : Tried what you said but I don't have a "MAIL & NEWSGROUP" heading!!!!!!!!

------------------
NEAL [ the horsepower freak ] NEWMAN
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP.

FUTURE MODS : JBA headers, power pulleys, twin electric fans, traction bars, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit, and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA supercharger.
ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 310H.P / 405ft/lbs of torque.

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w 530H.P(natural), 750H.P with N.O.S, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

[This message has been edited by Neal (edited 12-31-1999).]

Old 12-26-1999, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

NO cake for you!

Old 12-26-1999, 05:06 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So I'm not the only one having to scroll all of Neal's new threads, eh? That makes me feel a *little* bit better, at least.

Scroll is for trolls..............

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 12-26-1999, 06:37 PM
Appearently Neals computer skills do not match his driving skills.
Hey Neal why don't you just eliminate a LOT of those ---------------? (you've got the Power aid" thread up to 2 pages now!!!) If your afraid we won't notice you, don't worry about THAT!!!

ps I have my screen set on 1,200(aprox)x1,000(aprox) so I don't have to scroll across.

JMC, I also don't have a "mail&newsgroup" setting, but you don't have to scroll for my posts.

Old 12-29-1999, 07:53 AM
Wink

JMC don't give Neal any Cake!! He has been telling every one in chat that he beat ya by 9 Truck lenghts AFTER you got chipped. OH and that his buddy with a 6 banger beat ya too.

Old 12-29-1999, 08:42 AM
JMC,
I also have the 4.6L engine w/ a 5 speed but I have not chipped it yet (still thinking). What convinced you to go with the Superchip and can you really "feel" the difference?

------------------
1997 F150 black Flareside, 4.6L, 5 speed

Old 12-29-1999, 08:50 AM
JMC

ATST,

Good ol' Neal, it was more than 9 lengths. But he left out the best part, I missed the 2nd to 3rd shift. And yes his buddy beat me, the first time. But just to show I harbor no hard feelings I will make a special cake for Neal. (He, he, he) Regardless, Neal will not have any of our cake.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

------------------
Superchips

Old 12-29-1999, 01:59 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey JMC,

You raced Neal's '99 5.4 F-150 with all his mods?!? Not me! If you were able to stay within 10 lenths of him, especially missing a shift, I'd say you did damn good.

Just for those keeping score, Neal the HP Freak has a pretty strong '99 5.4 F-150, that is a light 4X2 model. He figures he's probably up to about 310 hp from 260 stock, with well over 400 lbs./ft. of torque, and it also has 4.10 gears!

JMC trying to run his 4.6 (which I think is heavier, if memory serves) with far fewer mods against it is a real stretch. Too much weight and power difference, and then when you consider Neal's 4.10 gears, it's even more unfair. Staying as close as is described is, I think, an excellent result with what's beeen done to JMC's truck so far.

JMC, you and Neal, I should have known.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 12-29-1999, 02:09 PM
Cool

JMC,
Thanks for the info. It is great to hear about a product that gives the desired results but offers a money back guarantee for those who aren't satisfied.
When I get ready to order I will definitely give Mike a call. Even though I live in Georgia, and there are SuperChip dealers in the state, I like the fact that Mike takes the time to give out a lot of info about his product.
Thanks to JMC and Mike T!

------------------
1997 F150 black Flareside, 4.6L, 5 speed

Old 12-29-1999, 02:17 PM
JMC

Mike T,

I am smug with the fact that I can beat him on any surface other than dry roads. For the record I tip the scales around 2240kg or 4938lbs. Besides wouldn't you give your eye teeth to see his expression if I ever beat him? He is supposed to send his chip in for the gear correction, couldn't you program a remote control that I could use to make his motor die on command. Shhhh, Neal might be lurking. 8)

------------------
Superchips

[This message has been edited by JMC (edited 12-29-1999).]

Old 12-30-1999, 12:20 AM
JMC

Earnhardt,

Back sometime in 1996-97 I was on Compuserve's 4x4 Forum. People were saying positive things about Superchips. When I first asked, Mike didn't have one, code not available, so I bot a JET chip. (oops, big mistake). When Superchips finally had one available I knew enough about the truck and what I needed so I asked for it and Mike made it happen. I had the revilimter moved to 6500 rpm. Its only use is in the sand going up a hill or in the mud, it lets you stay in gear longer so you do not loose momentum, because if you shift your truck stops dead. I feel the difference in the Dunes when I climb a hill. The midrange response has also changed for the better. If you get one you will notice the difference. Superchips has a 30 day money back policy so you have nothing to loose. My 97 didn't ping on 87 octain so I would burn that and when I was about to go off road I ran the tank down and put in the good stuff. I am still on my first tank with this one so I can not tell if that will work. Besides Neal keeps finding these guys for me to race so I might have to run 92+ all the time.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

PS. Give Mike a call, he tells it like it is. No BS.

------------------
Superchips

Old 12-30-1999, 01:06 AM
Cool

HI! JMC : I heard that!LOL Well I got rid of all the slashes so lets see if I fixed my long pages!LOL

------------------
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP.

FUTURE MODS : JBA headers, power pulleys, twin electric fans, traction bars, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit, and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA supercharger.
OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w 530H.P(natural), 750H.P with N.O.S, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Old 12-30-1999, 01:08 AM
Cool

HI!... Guess not! Back to the drawing board!LOL

------------------

Old 12-30-1999, 01:02 PM
Uh hey Neal, for you further computer training, here's a clue: You probably did fix your "expanded" sig, but once you have the "huge" sig with all the slashes anywhere on the page, the whole page will continue to be expanded to accomidate that post.
Your welcome.