Help with Street&perf electronics Chip

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-1999, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help with Street&perf electronics Chip

Has anyone installed a chip in a 97 F150 5.4 from Street&Performance Electronics. I installed their chip and their Helix power tower with ZERO noticable performance gain. I was expecting at least a little seat of the paints performance gain. The only thing I noticed was a the engine winds to a higher RPM before it shifts. I called the Mfg and they said the computer must lean my driving habits for a few days. I don't beleive them!! Does anyone have any tips on how to resolve this problem.

Old 12-28-1999, 05:20 PM
Not to be a smart @ss but a Superchip is what you need. send the other one back and call Mike T.

Old 12-29-1999, 02:33 PM
I am not a salesman for Superchips but I can tell you right now it works. Do yourself a favor and return that piece of crap and get s superchip. There is a dealer selling them for $212.00 plus shipping.. just email him jeff@ntsource.com. Tarco is the company.

Have a good one.

------------------
Fred Folkerts/Chicago IL
1997 Ford 150XLT Black
5.4 TRiTiON/4x4 Off Road

Old 12-29-1999, 02:39 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear fordyacht,

I think you're the fellow who called me yesterday, right? The result you've seen is pretty typical of other chips.

One thing I wanted to mention is that there *is* a bit of relearn time that is required for your computer to fully adapt to it's new program, so your vendor was correct to point that out. You should still feel an immediate seat of the pants increase in power, with a little bit more power gain as you accumulate some miles. If that doesn't happen, you've got the wrong chip.

As long as you have a 30-day money-back guarantee, you have enough time to check it out and return it if it doesn't add any power.

We will meet or beat any dealer's price on the Superchip.

Good luck,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 12-29-1999).]

Old 01-04-2000, 02:46 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear Ford Yacht,

I enjoyed talking with you very much, and I'm so glad you are much happier with your Superchip. It's hard sometimes for people who haven't done this before (meaning, people hwo haven't had direct hands-on experience with multiple chips like you just did) to accept that there can be so much difference between chips, but time and time again, we see that it's true. The Superchip outperforms any other chip by far.

Have fun with your new Superchip, and please do keep in touch when you can!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 01-05-2000, 12:29 AM
I took your advise. I sent the old chip back to Street & Performance electronics and purchaed a SuperChip. The chip came in on Friday, I took 30 seconds to install it. The difference is very positive, I could tell immediately the difference in low/mid RPG performance plus improved shift points.
I would recommend the SuperChip to everyone.
I have the experience of a non SuperChip to compare to the SuperChip and there is a huge difference with the SuperChip. Recommend it to all.

FordYacht.

Quick Reply: Help with Street&perf electronics Chip