Mike, I got my chip

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2000, 09:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Mike, I got my chip

I wanted you to know I came back from CA Sat night and promptly installed the superchip. It runs perfectly, just like stock. The trans has just the right amount of line pressure, as the shifts feel just right. It even shifts at just over 5000 rpm into second gear, the original chip would shift at 4750, stock was at 5000 or just a tick more. It seems more responsive at part throttle, however that is such a subjective area as my foot may not be in the same position each time. I do notice the downshifts are near instant and very connected feeling.

I was trying to see if the speed limiter was still there and as I got up to speed my Valentine One went into full alert!!!! I came very close to being nailed.

There are a few things I would like to improve in my truck
1. 2nd gear torque conv lockup at 3K moved to 4K or so.
2. Move the part throttle shifts up a few MPH
3. Remove that damn 2 second high idle at "highway speeds" lift throttle,
4. A 4 to 3 downshift available over 81mph
5. Higher downshift points all around.

Notes: #3 causes me to keep hitting the brakes in traffic, very annoying
#4 at 2400 rpm or above in 4th it will not downshift, target rpm is 3400 to 4100 if shifted manually at 81 to 97 mph.

I will test the performance and post it here in the near future. so far the results "feel" very good

THANK YOU for all your help and your time!!!!

Chris

------------------
98 SC 4.6L stepside, Gibson headers, Gibson single exhaust, superchip, Intake mods, Piaa's, high end audio stuff.

Old 01-11-2000, 02:05 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
HI Chris,

Have fun playing with it! Run it for a month or so, and then give me a call when you get a chance.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Quick Reply: Mike, I got my chip