I Ordered Mine!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-1999, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I Ordered Mine!!!

To everyone who is thinking about buying a Superchip, I'm sure that the online ordering thing works fine but my suggestion is to give the man a call on the phone. I had some concerns about shipping (my UPS guy is a gorilla in a brown uniform) and Mike put them to rest. He also is a great guy just to chat with, although I'm not sure how he gets anything done

Thanks Mike

P.S. Mike I'm still chuckling about that "lean n giggle" thing. BTW what was the name of the band you where with when you were up here in the "north woods" leaning and giggling?

------------------
99 Lariat S/C 5.4 4x4
Amazon Green/Harvest Gold
3.55/LS
K&N Filter
Mobil 1
Superchip (on the way)

Oshkosh, WI.

[This message has been edited by MikeS (edited 12-30-1999).]

Old 12-31-1999, 02:03 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
HI Mike,

It was fun talking with you, and remembering life on the road as a touring musician. Back then, I had just left MCA and a band called Cafe, and my next band was called "The Romulans". Yes, we really named ourselves that. The Romulans were a 3-piece power-trio, doing mostly our own stuff, with some Hendrix, Jeff Beck, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and a few others thrown in. Big show, and very exhausting.

I loved Wisconsin, and particularly with a little place called "Chippewa Falls", if I spelled that right. (Both movies Titantic and Tommy Boy mentioned tiny little Chippewa Falls!) That place had more bars per capita of any place I've ever been. Very friendly people up there. We also played Osh Kosh, and of course, Madtown, as well as others I don't remember.

In Chippewa Falls, we hung out during the day at the hospitality house at the Leinenkugel brewery, which we quickly nicknamed "Lean & Giggle", due to our condition when we left, go figure.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 12-31-1999, 02:34 PM
The Romulans huh?? How long ago would would that have been??? I may have actually seen you play... Things are kinda fuzzy (as you may guess) but there was a time when I spent a lot of time catching as many bands and beers as possible, and the type of music that you played would have been what I went to see... SRV, Hendrix, Jeff Beck...

The Chippewa Falls thing is kinda funny Here's a little trivia for ya. In the movie The Titanic Leonardo DiCaprio mentions swiming in "Lake Wissota" as a boy. The problem with that is that Lake Wissota is a man made lake that didn't exist in April of 1912 when the Titanic sank...

Mike

------------------
99 Lariat S/C 5.4 4x4
3.55/LS
K&N Filter
Mobil 1
Superchip (on the way)

Oshkosh, WI.

Old 01-02-2000, 07:29 PM
Former Sponsor
HI Mike,

Gosh, it was a *long* time ago when I last played WI, probably the early 80's. The Romulans were around until 1995.

Glad you caught them in that error in Titantic, how dare they! I couldn't believe it when I heard him say Chippewa Falls, it wasn't until the second time that I believed it.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 01-02-2000, 07:48 PM
Mike,
The early 80's whould have been about the right time

------------------
99 Lariat S/C 5.4 4x4
3.55/LS
K&N Filter
Mobil 1
Superchip (on the way)

Oshkosh, WI.

Old 01-03-2000, 04:28 PM
Former Sponsor
Dear Mike S,

Well, if you saw some crazy guy playing guitar behind his back, with his teeth, etc., etc, followed by the Star-Spangled Banner and then setting the guitar on fire, that would have been me.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 01-03-2000, 08:14 PM
Mike,
Now I'm about 90% sure that I did. BTW are there any recordings available of your work??? I'd love to hear it again...

Mike

------------------
99 Lariat S/C 5.4 4x4
3.55/LS
K&N Filter
Mobil 1
Superchip (on the way)

Oshkosh, WI.

Trending Topics

Old 01-04-2000, 03:19 PM
Former Sponsor
I think the only things that still exist are probably a couple of my very informally video-taped live performances in a couple clubs, and some audio tapes, none of which I would want *anyone* to ever hear, I think they're terrible! (I also think this is what most musicians say about their works, we're a pretty critical bunch!)

If you ever get to Virginia, drop by and I'll show some to you, but I'd never send any of that garbage to anyone, I'd be far too embarrassed!

If you ever want to hear what I think is the most impressive guitar introduction to any song, grab a copy of Jimi Hendrix' live album, "Band of Gypsys", and listen to the guitar intro on "Power to Love". Now *that's* a guitar intro!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 01-04-2000, 04:34 PM
Hey Mike would a case of Leinies bring you out of retirement. I would consider a donation from my private Y2K stock pile of Leinenkugel's Red.

------------------
99' F-150 XLT SC 4X4 ORP LS 4.6L K&N Air Filter Air Box Mod (3" intake from fender & silencer removed), Superchip, A.R.E. Cover, Duraliner bed liner, Rapidflow 3" single CatBack exhaust.

Old 01-04-2000, 11:53 PM
Mike,
Mike,
I understand... I'm never really "satisfied" with the way things turn out... It doesn't matter if it's building a model airplane, painting a car or remodeling a room in my house. I'm never really happy with the way that it looks. But the "imperfections" of live music is one of the reasons that I like it so much. I'd much rather go down to the local "roadhouse" and watch a group of half pissed up guys have a blast playing and partying that go see some tight assed "big name" stand there and just sing and strum. Remember the Robert Palmer "Addicted to Love" video??? Was that horrible or what??? Did you ever see Molly Hatchet in concert?? In the early 80's I saw them 5 years in a row. Those boys could party!!! I can't remember how may times Danny Joe Brown was dancing around so much that he tripped over his mic cord and landed on his ***. He always got up and looked embarrassed but it just helped to wind the crowd up even more!!
I'm with BigRed2 I think I know where I can get my hands on a case or two of lean 'n giggle...

Take care
Mike

------------------
99 Lariat S/C 5.4 4x4
3.55/LS
K&N Filter
Mobil 1
Superchip (on the way)

Oshkosh, WI.

Old 01-05-2000, 03:06 PM
Former Sponsor
Funny you should mention Molly Hatchet, I used to know most of them. They originally all lived together in a house on 5th street down at "Jax Beach", better known as Jacksonville Beach, in Jacksonville, Florida, where the Van Zant's came from. They all believe faithfully in the Van Zant brothers (Lonnie, Donnie, Johnnie and Ronnie, who were with Skynrd, Hatchett, 38 Special, and I forget who else) motto, which was, play your guts out every night no matter how small the club or crowd, because you never know when an A&R guy from a record label is in the house, and to give whatever audience you have everything they came for. Their drummer was in Virginia Beach, VA last I heard in '95, originally from there and now lives there again. He's struggling to get gigs for $100 a night!

Molly Hatchet got screwed bad on the distribution contract. They never made more than $500 a week, even when their album went platinum! For the past 15 years or so, they've been a warm-up act for semi-headliners. They spent so many years starving, that $500 a week to play music was all the money in the world to them, and it's a crying shame.

And while I appreciate the gesture, no amount of Red Leinie's is going to get my sorry butt back on stage! I spent plenty of years on the road, both here in America and in Europe, and I got my fill. Besides, my back really won't allow me to do hard gigs anymore, I stopped that in 1995. So now I'm just another never-was, and it's almost OK by me.

Gee, nothing like a little thread drift, eh? That's my fault, sorry for encouraging it!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 01-06-2000, 10:24 PM
Mike
I had no idea about Molly Hatchet being ripped off so bad...Now I'm really impressed with them (rockin' their asses off for $500 a week).
My Leinie's offer was just to get to hear the tape...
The chip showed up today, I put it right in..and WOW... I took a buddy of mine (Dodge Ram driver) for a "test ride" today when it hit the 1-2 shift and snapped his head back he said "holy s*it"!!! Gotta luv it!!!
No need to apologize for the thread drift..actually it was ME that caused it, asking about your band and trying to bribe you (Leinie's) into letting me hear your music

Mike

------------------
99 Lariat S/C 5.4 4x4
3.55/LS
K&N Filter
Mobil 1
Superchip

Oshkosh, WI.

Old 01-07-2000, 01:29 PM
Former Sponsor
Dear MikeS,

Glad to hear you got your Superchip installed, great! Now you can have some real fun surprising people with how quick a 2-ton+ truck can be.

We're going to be having an F150online gathering this summer in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area of Virginia, so if you happen to be able to make it, I'll try to bring along an old tape or two, maybe.

Have fun with your new Superchip,

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 01-07-2000, 06:19 PM
Mike S., Mike T., and everyone else that might be curious about Mike T's musical abilities - Stand by for News!!

I am living testimony that Mike Troyer, our own National Superchips Distributor, is a very talented guitarist. I used to sit and stare in wonderment as he jammed for hours on end with the Coleman Brothers, Rodney and Eric. All this was even before the Romulans came about. Jimi, Stevie Ray, Clapton and more - Mike's musical portfolio is indeed impressive. I've always been a musician wannabe in no small part due to Mike and others of his abilities.

Now, just to keep this on-thread - still lovin' my Superchip....

Oh yeah, you should have seen Mike in those wide-collared shirts and bell-bottomed pants - he was truly a lady-killer....

With love and respect....
Tom in Tacoma

------------------
1998 F150 XLT S/C 4.6L Auto, 3.55LS, 4X2, Moonlight Blue, all the bells & whistles except for leather seats. Lund Deflector, Lund Premier Tonneau, K&N, Body-color painted Throttle Cover, Pentaliner S/R, Window tint, factory side-steps, Infiniti component speakers, Superchip. Tom in Tacoma (Washington not Toyota)
Go check out http://communities.msn.com/SS97FordsPics for the second best website for F150's

Old 01-08-2000, 02:36 PM
Mike S., Mike T., and everyone else that might be curious about Mike T's musical abilities - Stand by for News!!

I am living testimony that Mike Troyer, our own National Superchips Distributor, is a very talented guitarist. I used to sit and stare in wonderment as he jammed for hours on end with the Coleman Brothers, Rodney and Eric. All this was even before the Romulans came about. Jimi, Stevie Ray, Clapton and more - Mike's musical portfolio is indeed impressive. I've always been a musician wannabe in no small part due to Mike and others of his abilities.

Now, just to keep this on-thread - still lovin' my Superchip....

Oh yeah, you should have seen Mike in those wide-collared shirts and bell-bottomed pants - he was truly a lady-killer....

With love and respect....
Tom in Tacoma

------------------
1998 F150 XLT S/C 4.6L Auto, 3.55LS, 4X2, Moonlight Blue, all the bells & whistles except for leather seats. Lund Deflector, Lund Premier Tonneau, K&N, Body-color painted Throttle Cover, Pentaliner S/R, Window tint, factory side-steps, Infiniti component speakers, Superchip. Tom in Tacoma (Washington not Toyota)
Go check out http://communities.msn.com/SS97FordsPics for the second best website for F150's

Quick Reply: I Ordered Mine!!!