Down the Road and off the line: Victorys and Defeats III

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2000, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Down the Road and off the line: Victorys and Defeats III

To satisfy one JMC, here is the start of a fresh new thread for the rest of us since Neal now has his own.
To recap: I had beaten lots of blazers, cars suv's ect. but was complaining that no Trucks ever wanted to race. Well I finally got one:
I did it!!! I got me a Z71 this morning!! I don't know what they weigh, but he had a "extra" cab like mine, so we must be close. He was behind me at the light, but maybe read my tail gate, or for whatever reason, decided to pull around and get "next" to me. The Bozo started a whole truck length ahead of me. No I'm not calling him a bozo because he is a chevy driver. It's because I always stop at a light behind the white line and this Bozo had stopped completely over the line, hence a full truck length. He also assumed the "stare ahead and the truck will go faster" position.(typ of chevy drivers) I killed him off the first light, and much to his astonishmemnt killed him again at the second. This one was hard headed however, and the third stop put us at a "Y" where the right lane turns right and the left goes stright or has to make a sharp left. I knew he was going to try and turn right from his left lane, so I only "rolled" though the stop sign and then took off because I didn't want to fight a "hard head" for postion on a turn. I get to the next light and am waiting for him and what does he do? He "times" the light and is doing about 30 passing me when it turns green. I took off but didn't really try to catch him cuz this road is getting closer to the city and is pretty rough with a few turns. In fact he must have been try to determine if I was comming, or else just couldn't handle it, beacuase he is now all over the road. So I just hung back thinking "I just bet he thinks he is so smart for timing that light", but at least I can handle my Truck, and have the good sense to drive appropriately where needed. Besides I already beat him twice on the straights. (4 times, if you count who was first to the stop sign and the next light too)
Ta! Da! So there you have it, Ford Tough, and then some too.

JMC finally (computer is as slow as Truck maybe?) replyed with:
Good for you... Now, are you practicing for our race or you trying to scare me off? BTW is it 2 out of 3 or one race, winner takes all?
Regards
Jean Marc Chartier

So here is my reply:
JMC, do you really want me to beat you three times?

------------------
Andthensometoo ®
"Moonlight Blue" 98 F150 SC XLT 2WD 4.6, 3.55 LS Tow Pkg. SUPERCHIP, K&N Airbox mod. w/ "Cool" intake, Mobil One Oil, Bosch +4's, Throttle Body Spacer Plate. Lund Fastback, Lighted visor, Runninng Boards, Crome Taillight covers, Polished Steel Fenderwell Moldings, Smoked Bug and Rain guards, Shelf-it, Carpet dash cover, "Andthensometoo" in silver Letters 3" tall on tail gate. Red Wings license plate in front, Red Wings license plate frame in back, Little Detroit Viper hanging from mirror, Oh yeah, and one "Blacked-out" grill.
Gonna get my Bed rails back on, Finally!
Couldn't find the right Polished steel design, so once I modify the powercoated ones I just bought, I will paint them.

Q: who wants my "Pocket Mount" chrome ones? Price:cost of shipping, or gas and maybe lunch if you live in S/E MI.

"Rocks don't move unless pushed, and neither do chevys!"

http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/daytona/843/

Old 01-10-2000, 03:05 PM
Thumbs up

Good kill.

------------------
Red 99.5 Lightning,
#0975,
Born 5/6/99...Adopted 5/27/99
Chipped w/SuperChip Flipchip chip,
PSP Filter(track untested),
Water Wetter,
Mobil 1,
Foglamp Covers,
13.573@101.08

Old 01-10-2000, 04:50 PM
Cool

ATST - you make me proud.

(...and 'so there' JMC!)

Tom in Tacoma

------------------
1998 F150 XLT S/C 4.6L Auto, 3.55LS, 4X2, Moonlight Blue, all the bells & whistles except for leather seats. Lund Deflector, Lund Premier Tonneau, K&N, Body-color painted Throttle Cover, Pentaliner S/R, Window tint, factory side-steps, Infiniti component speakers, Superchip. Tom in Tacoma (Washington not Toyota)
Go check out http://communities.msn.com/SS97FordsPics for the second best website for F150's

Old 01-15-2000, 03:12 PM
Thumbs up

Well When I race, I always smile at the person just to let them know I'm only havin' fun, but usually they are so intent on beating me, they don't even look. So I will call the following a "victory" even though I didn't beat him.
I was at the light minding my own biz, cuz there were no Trucks next to me. When the light turned I noticed a chrylser (?little bigger than a K car) just nailing it so I followed suit, and we were side by side almost. I beat him to one light and he beat me to the next. This was a two lane that opens up to four and it also curves around 90 deg. after it crosses this next road. The road was curvy before it opened to four lanes, but now this is one heck of an unbanked curve, and there are other cars on this part of the road, so I let him lead, after the big curve, I turned off where he did (back to two lanes) at met him at the light. He was smiling, so I rolled down my window and said "fun huh?" He then said something that suprised me "Not bad for a '91!" (he thought HE was doing good against ME, whereas I thought I was doing good just to handle the Truck on those curves against a car) So I said thats a '91? Not bad!" Then I said "well this Truck might go fast, but it can't take those slippery curves like a car!" He goes "I know I heard your tires back there" and then "That's a nice Truck" So we raced neck and neck to the next two lights, just having a ball, til he had to go his way, and me mine.
So thats what it about folks if ya can't have fun doing it, then don't bother.
Of course my buddy John says "Oh sure if you lose, you'll be back at the drawing board, beaker in hand going 'now thats one part this and two parts that'!"
Naw John, it really IS fun! Not quite as much fun if I lose, but still fun just the same.
Now if only chevy guys can lose with a smile!

Old 01-15-2000, 11:32 PM
Sounds like you kick *** to me. I am looking forward to kicking some *** after brake in of the new 2,000 engine.

Old 01-16-2000, 05:16 PM
ATST,
you have more mail

ATST,
you have more mail

ATST,
you have more mail

ATST,
you have more mail

Old 01-16-2000, 06:28 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder if she has more mail....

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 01-16-2000, 11:53 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
ATST,

Now you have caught Neal's bug..... Racing bug that is. Keep practicing. I think I have my 2-3 shift down pat. I idle with the T-Case in Neutral and go 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Don't think I'll need 4th.

------------------
00 F-150 XLT SC Flairside 4x4 4.6 w/5spd
Warn XD9000i, skid plates, Draw tite class III,
Rancho RSX Reflex shocks,
SmittyBilt Nerfs, Borla Cat Back
Modified Air Cleaner Outlet Tube,
Superchips

Quick Reply: Down the Road and off the line: Victorys and Defeats III