Denon? Performance chip??

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2000, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Denon? Performance chip??

I just recently bought a 97 f-150 with 4.6L. The dealer says that the original owner had a Denon ( not sure if that's spelled right) performance chip installed. He deals mostly with exotic cars i.e. BMW, Jags, Mercedes, etc. and says that they are very popular. I've never heard of this brand and am just trying to get some information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt
97 F-150 XLT S/C 4.6L 5-sp flareside ORP

Old 01-17-2000, 03:43 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear Matt,

Your dealer told you wrong, but it was just a mistake on his part, and not any attempt to mislead you. The name of that chip company is actually Dinan, and it's owned by Steve Dinan. They make chips for BMW's primarily, as they are a specialty BMW tuner, but they do not make chips for Fords. So if your truck originally had a chip in it, it wasn't from Dinan. They (Dinan) do make some chips for very expensive foreign luxury cars, and that is most likely why your dealer thought it was a Dinan, perhaps, as Dinan makes chips for Lexus & Infiniti too, and it sounds like this dealer deals in those types of vehicles, so that is probably why he is familiar with the Dinan name. They specialize in the real high-dollar stuff primarily, and Dinan advertises in Car & Driver magazine every month, as they have for many years now.

If you're looking for the best performance chip for your F-150, you'll most likely want the Superchip. It will add 26 horsepower and 40 lbs./ft. of torque, and if it's an automatic, you'll *love* what it does for the shift characteristics. There are numerous areas of transitional change to the factory program in the Superchip as well, like removing spark retards, shift delays, etc. If you would like all the details, please feel free to give us a call, and we'll be happy to go over all that with you.

F150online is a great place to hang out and get all types of information, so I hope you'll stick around here with us!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 01-17-2000).]

Quick Reply: Denon? Performance chip??