To Chip or not to Chip?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2000, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool To Chip or not to Chip?

Howdy y'all
I am brand new to this site but am far from new to Ford trucks. I have never tried to be a part of something like this and i hope to meet some of you sometime.
Now, i would like to know what the best chip, is for my vehicle, which i am begining to notice alot of Superchip fans. I have never done anything special to any of my previous trucks but I would like to customize this one. I am not sure how to get a Superchip and was wondering how hard it is to install.
I would love some feedback on any other modifications I could make to my truck to improve power and fuel economy. thanks in advance for the feedback, see you in the fast lane. Oh yea is the filter charger that much diffrent than just a K&N filter?

Y2K F-150 4x4 Lariat 5.4L ORP Extra towing and cooling Oxford white all the way down.K&N, DEEZEE platnium tool box(black), tinted glass,more to come...4in. suspention lift

------------------
I like cake.

[This message has been edited by FDLFDCoD (edited 01-20-2000).]

Old 01-20-2000, 11:01 AM
Cool

Welcome aboard FDLFDCoD (now there's a mouthful...

As you'll see as you dig through these message boards, the Superchip is the chip of choice around here. It's the only one that works without the truck being at wide-open-throttle. There are some that have found the chip to do nothing for them - but it seems that the majority (myself included) have gotten big gains from the chip.

The thing I was hoping to gain from the chip was to have the transmission shifts cleaned up. It did that. I was told that I could expect a gain in fuel mileage. I got an additional 1.5 - 2 mpg. I was told I could expect a 26hp gain. It runs absolutely great!

To order the chip - watch the ad banners for a 'click here' to order a Superchip. Another way is to look through the Superchips message boards and look for an entry from a guy using the handle "Superchips Distributor". His name is Mike Troyer and is a great guy. He posts his phone number and his email address in his signature.

Install takes about 45 minutes and is a piece of cake.

Tom in Tacoma

------------------
1998 F150 XLT S/C 4.6L Auto, 3.55LS, 4X2, Moonlight Blue, all the bells & whistles except for leather seats. Lund Deflector, Lund Premier Tonneau, K&N, Body-color painted Throttle Cover, Pentaliner S/R, Window tint, factory side-steps, Infiniti component speakers, Superchip. Tom in Tacoma (Washington not Toyota)
Go check out http://communities.msn.com/SS97FordsPics for the second best website for F150's

Old 01-20-2000, 11:11 AM
Talking

I am a Superchip dealer and would be able to get a chip out to you in two days. Another product that works quite well with the Ford engines are the Granatelli Mass Airflow Senors.It is good for 15-17hp 12 lb of torque and a 47% increase of air flow.

------------------
Ryan Marselis
Owner
Superliner...and more!
Your SuperDuty parts source.

480-633-2624

[This message has been edited by Mr. Superduty (edited 01-20-2000).]

Old 01-20-2000, 01:23 PM
thanks to everyone for the help...I think Mike Troyer has the best information. I am going to get a superchip and i'll see you in the fast lane.

Anyone in the Dallas area? Anything going on soon as far as a rally or something?

------------------
I like cake.

Old 01-20-2000, 02:29 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Here we go again..............

This isn't the first time somebody has decided to become a dealer for Superchips, and tried to come here and ride our coattails, so to speak.

We have an online ordering system right here for everyone's convenience, and will meet or beat any legitimate dealer's price on this product for F150online participants. We have and will continue to provide financial support of this site via our advertising, which costs us many thousands of dollars per year. Our newest ad will be going back up in just a few days, and will remain. We also provide support by arranging special events, etc. like our F150online Norfolk Rally this year, which takes place on the weekend of June 23rd.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Online Superchip ordering system: <A HREF="https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

" TARGET=_blank>https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

</A>

Old 01-20-2000, 02:30 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry for the double post, those gremlins got me again!

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 01-20-2000).]

Old 01-20-2000, 04:27 PM
F150online
Founder
In the spirit of fairness, I need to move this thread to the vendor forum. As stated, if you are vendor and you are (or are trying to make money) by cultivating customers on these forums, it is only fair that F-150 Online gets a cut. Please see our advertising pages for more information.

Steve

Trending Topics

Old 01-21-2000, 12:00 AM
Welcome FDLFDCoD!

I'm a Superchip dealer too. Buy from me! I sell only slightly *used* Superchips with the MER3 code (limited stock!)and I'll have it to you tommorrow.
ROFL.

------------------
1999 F250 SD CC, LWB, 5.4L, Auto, 3.73, 4x4, Power TT mirrors w/ marker lights, White, Full Tint, PendaPro SR, Flowmaster Delta 40 series, K&N filtercharger, Superchip (Airbox removed for a second try, maybe in the winter it will be advantagous?) Lund Elite soft tonneau

www.angelfire.com/pa3/spaceace/index.html

[This message has been edited by spaceace (edited 01-20-2000).]

Quick Reply: To Chip or not to Chip?