Hey Mike !

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2000, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hey Mike !

Mike what is my timming set at using the Superchip, I know factory it is set at 10 degrees. I seen the timing advance unit on the Steeda site for the 4.6L's

Thanks.

------------------
99' F-150 XLT SC 4X4 ORP LS 4.6L - K&N Air Filter & Custom 3" Intake from fender to TB, Superchip, PowerAid, Rapidflow 3" single CatBack exhaust, Fluidyne Trany cooler, A.R.E. Cover, Duraliner bed liner.

Old 01-21-2000, 11:53 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
HI BigRed2,

The Superchip is designed to be used with the initial timing set at factory specs, on those vehicles that have a distributor where yoiu can actually set the timing.

The Superchip doesn't change the *initial* spark lead, as it doesn't change anything below 1000 rpm. From 1000-1200 rpm on up, it dials in as much spark advance as good quality premium gasoline will allow, and it's optimized every 400 rpm. The Superchip controls your timing far more precisely than twisting a distributor ever can, that's the whole idea behind computer controls.

If you are thinking of installing their 4.6 timing adjuster in addition to your Superchip, I wouldn't. The Superchip is *already* adding all the spark advance your motor can tolerate using pump premium. Advancing it any more is going to cause detonation, and a resultant power loss, as the knock sensor will tell the ECU to cycle back spark advance with every ping.

Please feel free to give me a call if you'd like to discuss this in more detail.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Online Superchip ordering system: <A HREF="https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

" TARGET=_blank>https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

</A>

Old 01-22-2000, 08:28 PM

[This message has been edited by A.D. Pendergrass (edited 01-22-2000).]

Old 01-23-2000, 11:39 AM
Wink

Mike, that link in your profile doesnt work. The page says that the file cant be found
I just wanted to check it out mike ya didnt have to block it from me

Old 01-23-2000, 03:10 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
OK guys, thanks for letting me know. I went back to edit my profile, and I saw that it had inserted some html, as I had only placed the exact URL location there. I went back and re-did it, and I don't know if that will help or not.

As Spaceace said, there is an invisible &lt;P&gt; tagged onto the end of that URL when you click on that link, and consequently you get the 404 or whatever error message. Just delete that &lt;P&gt; on the end, and it'll take you right there. Or, you can just click on our banner ad at the top of these pages, and that will take you right there even easier.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Online Superchip ordering system:https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

Old 01-24-2000, 12:40 AM
Yes, Just need to lose the invisible &lt;P&gt; on the tail.
Once ya get past that, it's fine.

fast46triton, ever P on your tail?

ROFL

------------------
1999 F250 SD CC, LWB, 5.4L, Auto, 3.73, 4x4, Power TT mirrors w/ marker lights, White, Full Tint, PendaPro SR, Flowmaster Delta 40 series, K&N filtercharger, Superchip (Airbox removed for a second try, maybe in the winter it will be advantagous?) Lund Elite soft tonneau

www.angelfire.com/pa3/spaceace/index.html

[This message has been edited by spaceace (edited 01-23-2000).]

Quick Reply: Hey Mike !