Superchip for 2000 V8 4.6L

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2000, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Superchip for 2000 V8 4.6L

I have a 2000 4.6L V8 F150. I hear a lot of folks getting a Superchip to improve performance... so my questions are:
- Where do I get one?
- Is there one available for the 2000 4.6L?
- How much does it cost?
- What benefits can I expect to get with it and my 4.6L?
- Will installing one void my warranty?

This site talks about the Power Module from Hypertech, but doesn't compare it to the Superchip... it also says the manufacturer suggests using 92 octane which I don't want to do ($30 to fill my tank is already enough!). The article is here: https://www.f150online.com/reviews/hypertech.html

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat, 4x2, 4.6L automatic Supercab, Styleside, Blue with gold two-tone, 3.55 slip axle, class III towing package, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, med parchment leather interior, in dash CD, Ford/Duraliner bedliner, Ford chrome nerf bars, Ford bug deflector, Steel Horse billet grille, Leer hard tonneau cover, K&N air filter

Old 01-18-2000, 07:26 PM
Lightbulb

Well, I seemed to have answered most of my questions by visiting the www.superchips.com website and reading messages here. My only question that remains is: Who sells it for the least? The list at their website is $265.

Thanks!
Duke

Old 01-18-2000, 09:16 PM
Duke,
Here's the man to call for your superchip.
AFAIK the price is still $225 plus shipping.

Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

------------------
99 Lariat S/C 5.4 4x4
Amazon Green/Harvest Gold
3.55/LS
Superchip
K&N Filter
Mobil 1

dom562@icqmail.com
Oshkosh, WI.

Old 01-18-2000, 09:16 PM
Look for Superchips_Distributor on this website. He has all the info you'll need, and F150onliners like yourself get a discount.

The superchip adds 26hp and 40ftlbs to your 4.6l. Yes, its avalible for 2000, you just need to get your computer code in the passenger side door frame. And it doesnt void warranty.

Old 01-18-2000, 09:26 PM
Smile

Most excellent... thank you all for your help. This site is F-antastic. It's inspired me to start putting some pix up on my own website that show things I've done to my own machine (coming soon).

--Duke

Old 01-19-2000, 03:45 AM
Alright, I got it out of my system. Here's my own F-150 website:

http://bloodog.com/

It shall grow as new stuff is added...

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat, 4x2, 4.6L automatic Supercab, Styleside, Blue with gold two-tone, 3.55 slip axle, class III towing package, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, med parchment leather interior, in dash CD, Ford/Duraliner bedliner, Ford chrome nerf bars, Ford bug deflector, Steel Horse billet grille, Leer hard tonneau cover, K&N air filter http://bloodog.com/

[This message has been edited by Duke (edited 02-02-2000).]

Old 01-19-2000, 02:51 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear Duke,

You can contact me for the special F150online discount on your new Superchip, as we sell it for considerably less than the manufacturer's suggest list price to F150online participants. It does not void your warranty, and will work just fine with most other popular bolt-ons, such as the Airaid kit, K&N air filters, cat-back exhaust systems, etc.

It is backed by a Lifetime guarantee, and each Superchip is made specifically for each individual vehicle. So we will need your vehicle's computer code when you order. To find your computer code on any 1997 & later F-150, simply look in the passenger's door frame, in between the door hinges, for a sticker that will have 3 letters and a number on it, and that is your computer code!

As far as all the exact benefits, we probably need to to go over all the details over the phone as it's just too much to type, but here are the basics: The Superchip adds 26 hp and 40 lbs./ft. of torque to the 4.6 in the F-150. It will also recalibrate the shift characteristics of your automatic transmission, helping it to last longer, shift firmer, and accelerate quicker.

The Superchip adds power *all* the time, and not just at wide-open throttle (WOT) like the Hypertech and other chips for the Fords do. This means that you will have more power available at *any* throttle position, so your overall driveability is noticeably improved.

The Superchip, like any performance chip, requires the use of premium gasoline, there is no way to get around that. The Superchip reprograms the vehicle to be able to take advantage of the additional power that can be made by programming specifically for the increased anti-knock properties of premium gasolines. And only with the Superchip can you get any increase in gas mileage. It's a by-product of the increased spark advance used on part-throttle, so your gas mileage results will depend primarily on how you operate the vehicle, and your local fuel quality. Most people see about 1.5 to 2.0 more mpg when cruising on the highway, and not using a lot of heavy throttle.

Please feel free to give us a call, and I'll be happy to go over all the details with you.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 01-19-2000, 05:11 PM
Thanks Mike--I appreciate all the details. I'll give you a call soon!

--Duke

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat, 4x2, 4.6L automatic Supercab, Styleside, Blue with gold two-tone, 3.55 slip axle, class III towing package, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, med parchment leather interior, in dash CD, Ford/Duraliner bedliner, Ford chrome nerf bars, Ford bug deflector, Steel Horse billet grille, Leer hard tonneau cover, K&N air filter

Old 01-20-2000, 02:55 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear Duke,

We'll be happy to help you anytime!

Have fun,

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515
Online Superchip ordering system: <A HREF="https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

" TARGET=_blank>https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

</A>

Old 01-27-2000, 04:09 AM
Wink

I've since received the chip, installed it, and documented it here:

http://bloodog.com/superchip.asp

Hope this helps others know what they're in for (it's easy!)

--Duke

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat, 4x2, 4.6L automatic Supercab, Styleside, Blue with gold two-tone, 3.55 slip axle, class III towing package, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, leather interior, in dash CD, Ford/Duraliner bedliner, Ford chrome nerf bars, Ford bug deflector, Steel Horse billet grille, Leer hard tonneau cover, Superchip, Airaid, Billet door sills & antennae, Gibson split rear exit

Old 01-27-2000, 10:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Duke
I just looked at your pictures and article on the install of the Superchip. I have installed two and your article should be a great help to anyone considering the job.

Quick Reply: Superchip for 2000 V8 4.6L