Norfolk Va F150online Summer 2000 Rally!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2000, 05:02 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear mtknee,

Just plain ole' "Mike" will do nicely.

And yes, Steve Eppinger has tentatively said he'll be there if at all possible, so we are expecting him, kinda/sorta. Also, Steve has committed to posting all activities about this Rally here on the Home Page, so that will be done as well, so everyone will know as things develop.

I can hardly wait! We'll get to meet a lot of good friends from here at F150online, and *FINALLY* get to see my old high-school buddy from Europe to boot!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 01-10-2000).]

Old 01-10-2000, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK Raoul, cancel the boxing smoker and tell the referee he doesn't have to show up.

Anyhow I hear that T Colgrove is the guy who installs the big wheels on the new Kay-Whoppers all by himself so I may be in over my head ......... but then again if he knows Mike T from high school he's fairly old!

Tom, you know you can't be too careful on the Internet these days, with all the Chevy guys and Clintonistas sneakin' around you gotta make sure the one your talking to is who he says he is. Gotta watch for "The repo man" too.

------------------
Dunbarton "The Middle Aged Kid" '99 XLT SC SB 4x2 4.6 auto 3.55 ls The occasional Z-71 Eater! Wedgewood & Denim, SuperChipped, Airaid FIPK, Rhino Liner, Extang Classic tonneau cover, Mobil 1. Man, I got it all! (New Jersey)

Old 01-10-2000, 08:43 PM
Cool

I am anticipating this event even more than my Army retirement date (!!!!). It goes without saying that Mike's and my reunion is one thing - but to meet all my fellow 'Effie' owners and to see all their trucks lined up is gonna be awesome.

Dunbarton - you're right about two things (almost); while I don't exactly put the tires on the Kenworths - I do work for the company, and I am older'n dirt. I'd also draw everyone's attention to your own signature that reads in part, 'Dunbarton "The Middle Aged Kid"'.....

Sitting in anticipation....
Tom in Tacoma

------------------
1998 F150 XLT S/C 4.6L Auto, 3.55LS, 4X2, Moonlight Blue, all the bells & whistles except for leather seats. Lund Deflector, Lund Premier Tonneau, K&N, Body-color painted Throttle Cover, Pentaliner S/R, Window tint, factory side-steps, Infiniti component speakers, Superchip. Tom in Tacoma (Washington not Toyota)
Go check out http://communities.msn.com/SS97FordsPics for the second best website for F150's

Old 01-10-2000, 08:55 PM
Tom,

With all my needling aside, this gathering has already been highlighted on my June calender. I am looking forward to this more than anyone knows and you all will be able to associate this ugly face with a name! And God willing, I'll be there.

------------------
Dunbarton "The Middle Aged Kid" '99 XLT SC SB 4x2 4.6 auto 3.55 ls The occasional Z-71 Eater! Wedgewood & Denim, SuperChipped, Airaid FIPK, Rhino Liner, Extang Classic tonneau cover, Mobil 1. Man, I got it all! (New Jersey)

Old 01-11-2000, 09:53 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking

Dun, no boxing smoker?
I was going to challenge Tina, she's 5'1".
In the next bout I had you against her 'Marine' husband.
(I figured he be pretty steamed by then)

I'd pity whoever drew Andthensometoo!

Old 01-11-2000, 02:22 PM
Former Sponsor
I love it!

Only you, Raoul, only you!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 01-11-2000, 02:24 PM
Former Sponsor
Hey Dunbarton,

I think you, Tom, & myself will probably hang out a lot together in Norfolk, as we'll probably be among some of the oldest guys to attend!

It's gonna be a blast! I hear Steve Eppinger is looking to really cut loose, look out!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 01-11-2000, 06:35 PM
Cool

Why am I picturing three blind mice named Larry, Moe and Curly sitting on a porch in rocking chairs?

Sorry for the mixed analogies.

(By the way - I wanna be Curly)

Tom in Tacoma

------------------
1998 F150 XLT S/C 4.6L Auto, 3.55LS, 4X2, Moonlight Blue, all the bells & whistles except for leather seats. Lund Deflector, Lund Premier Tonneau, K&N, Body-color painted Throttle Cover, Pentaliner S/R, Window tint, factory side-steps, Infiniti component speakers, Superchip. Tom in Tacoma (Washington not Toyota)
Go check out http://communities.msn.com/SS97FordsPics for the second best website for F150's

Old 01-11-2000, 06:40 PM
Raoul,

There is a saying that I adhere to:

"He who lives and runs away lives to fight another day" and I can run run very well thank you ....and I'm bringin' my body guard: Mom!

You don't get to be my age being dumb......

Now if we can only get Fast46triton to attend so I can blow his doors off..........

------------------

Old 01-12-2000, 01:58 PM
Former Sponsor
Hey Tom C,

You want a laugh? Since you brought up the 3 stooges, I mean. When we're in VA this summer I'll take you by "Moe's Music", it really exists. It's owned by a friend of mine who goes by the name of "Chuck Duck". He tells everyone that Moe owns the store, and every decision made has to be okay'd by Moe personally. You'll love it.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 01-12-2000, 10:09 PM
Cool

You're on Mike. Just as long as I can be Curly. If Dunbarton tags along he'll have to be Larry....

Tom in Tacoma

Old 01-13-2000, 11:20 AM
Lightbulb

Anyone want to caravan down from Northern VA??

I plan/hope to be there with the 99 L, maybe we can get a few of us together and make the trip.

Mike---> After years, we might finally meet.

If interested in caravaning, drop me a line
kimmel_brian@prc.com
800-457-2122 ext 1168

------------------
Brian K
99.5 Black Tinted Windows, PSP Intake, Clear Coreners
93 Black Daily Driver: Bolts ons & Faded Paint

Old 01-14-2000, 12:31 AM
Former Sponsor
HI Brian K!

Wow, it's been awhile since we last spoke! Nice to hear from you again. I'm glad to hear you'll be making it down to the Rally this summer, it's going to be a lot of fun finally meeting in person all these people we "talk" to here on F150online.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 01-17-2000, 05:35 PM
Former Sponsor
Just to give everyone the latest update, here is where we stand for planned activities for the weekend of June 23rd Rally.

Friday at 12:00 noon is the South Norfolk light truck assembly plant tour. When that finishes, we will be heading into Norfolk's Waterside area, for the FREE CONCERT!

There will be a free concert as part of the City of Norfolk T.G.I.F. (Thank God It's Friday!) events held each Friday afternoon/early evening at Norfolk Waterside, which I have been a part of off and on for a number of years, usually playing in one or more bands. There will be live radio broadcasts, and plenty of cold beer available. And yes, children are welcome, they just can't drink alcoholic beverages, of course. I'll let you know what band(s) as soon as that schedule is firmed. Again, there's lots of time between now and then!

After the concert, everyone will be free to do what they want unless we schedule something else for that night, but between the plant tour and the concert, that's going to be enough for most people. You may want to cruise "the Strip" at the oceanfront after that, or whatever. There are plenty of clubs and all kinds of things to do. The oceanfront is quite an event all in itself, if you've never been to Virginia Beach in the summertime!

Then on Saturday, we will (hopefully, schedules won't firm up for a little while yet) be trying to set up a "test & tune" at Virginia Motorsports Park, if there is enough interest. This will involve about a 2-hour drive up to the Richmond area, and then a 2 hr. drive back to Norfolk. I am leaving Saturday open other than that, at least until we get the schedule firm with the raceway and confirmed. ANYONE WHO IS DEFINITELY INTERESTED IN GOING TO THE RACEWAY SHOULD LET ME KNOW VIA EMAIL! Please do this as soon as possible, so I'll know whether we have enough people who want to drive to and back from the raceway, and make all the arrangements. Don't be afraid if you've never drag raced before, as this will be an excellent time to learn! I will be conducting a basic "clinic" in how to do a drag strip run in your vehicle for those who don't know. We'll be going over how to get the absolute best ET's, how to get best trap speeds, starting line techniques, tips & tricks, etc. I will also post the rules and any equipment the dragstrip requires for this class & speed of vehicle so you can be prepared. (Some tracks require helmets for all classes, etc., etc.)

Then on Sunday we plan a big brunch at a local restaurant, to wind up the weekend's events.

Of course this is all still 6 months away. There are many other details to be worked out, such as which hotel(s) we'll have negotiated for you, etc. Hotels in Virginia Beach during the summer *always* command premium prices, as it's tourist season. We will be giving most area hotels in both Virginia Beach as well as Norfolk the opportunity to give us the best rates, etc. So don't worry about accomodations, just send me an email to let me know you want a room or rooms, how many in your party, and whether or not you have any children and their ages, so we can get all possible discounts.

Well, that's about it for now, Gang. Make sure to please email me as soon as you reasonbly can to let me know if you are coming, and if you want to participate in the raceway event, please!

Our bests to all,

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 01-22-2000, 01:18 AM
Hey Mike,
That free concert you're talking about wouldn't happen to be by The Romulans would it?

I don't give up too easy do I?

------------------
99 Lariat S/C 5.4 4x4
Amazon Green/Harvest Gold
3.55/LS
Superchip
K&N Filter
Mobil 1

dom562@icqmail.com
Oshkosh, WI.

Quick Reply: Norfolk Va F150online Summer 2000 Rally!