Norfolk Va F150online Summer 2000 Rally!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2000, 02:44 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Norfolk Va F150online Summer 2000 Rally!

To All:

It's been awhile since we last discussed this, so I wanted to post an update to everyone with regards to this summer's big F150online Rally.

The tour of the South Norfolk light truck plant has been scheduled for June 23rd, which is a Friday, by F150online's own "Raoul". (Great job, Raoul!)

Since this is my hometown, I will be making arrangements for other entertainment, etc., and this area has many things to do and see. We have, about a 2-hour drive away from Virginia Beach, a beautiful fairly new drag strip facility, located in Dinwiddie, which is close to Richmond. (Virginia Motorsports Park)

This is an excellent location, since we have so many F150online participants on the East Coast and in the Mid-Atlantic area. No matter where you live, this is going to be *the* one event to attend this year, if you don't make any others!

Many thanks to Raoul for scheduling the plant tour on Friday, June 23rd. We're looking to make this a weekend event, so we'll plan activities for Friday night, Saturday day & night, and then whatever else anyone wants to do.

Just to give you an idea, the Norfolk and Virginia Beach area, especially Virginia Beach, is a big tourist attraction thanks to the oceanfront, so there will be plenty of people on display at the beach!

Come one, come all, get your tans, and have some fun! You've got plenty of notice, plenty of time to make your plans to join us for that weekend, so we hope you'll all come.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 01-17-2000).]

Old 01-08-2000, 03:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

It will be a lot of fun learning each others Real names.
Or should we just go around calling each other by our "Screen" names

Old 01-08-2000, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own my screen name so Ya'll can call me "Andthensometoo" (or "Andi" as some do)

------------------
Andthensometoo ®
"Moonlight Blue" 98 F150 SC XLT 2WD 4.6, 3.55 LS Tow Pkg. SUPERCHIP, K&N Airbox mod. w/ "Cool" intake, Mobil One Oil, Bosch +4's, Throttle Body Spacer Plate. Lund Fastback, Lighted visor, Runninng Boards, Crome Taillight covers, Polished Steel Fenderwell Moldings, Smoked Bug and Rain guards, Shelf-it, Carpet dash cover, "Andthensometoo" in silver Letters 3" tall on tail gate. Red Wings license plate in front, Red Wings license plate frame in back, Little Detroit Viper hanging from mirror, Oh yeah, and one "Blacked-out" grill.
Gonna get my Bed rails back on, Finally!
Couldn't find the right Polished steel design, so once I modify the powercoated ones I just bought, I will paint them.

Q: who wants my "Pocket Mount" chrome ones? Price:cost of shipping, or gas and maybe lunch if you live in S/E MI.

"Rocks don't move unless pushed, and neither do chevys!"

http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/daytona/843/

Old 01-08-2000, 06:33 PM
btw I am terrible at remembering names, so I will be using your screen name as well.
It goes with my K.I.S.S. theory: Keep It Simple Stupid

[This message has been edited by Andthensometoo (edited 01-08-2000).]

Old 01-08-2000, 10:15 PM
Cool

Tell me there is a 'long-distance' prize for the taking - 'cause if there is I'm taking it home with me!!! I figure that this is one event worth the 3,000 mile trip. Unfortunately I'll have to leave the truck at home.

Hey Mike - you wanna pick someone up at the airport and play limo driver for the weekend?

Tom in Tacoma

------------------
1998 F150 XLT S/C 4.6L Auto, 3.55LS, 4X2, Moonlight Blue, all the bells & whistles except for leather seats. Lund Deflector, Lund Premier Tonneau, K&N, Body-color painted Throttle Cover, Pentaliner S/R, Window tint, factory side-steps, Infiniti component speakers, Superchip. Tom in Tacoma (Washington not Toyota)
Go check out http://communities.msn.com/SS97FordsPics for the second best website for F150's

Old 01-09-2000, 10:02 AM
Nuh uh Tom,

You gotta bring your truck!! For all we know you really have a Chevy ..........

------------------
Dunbarton "The Middle Aged Kid" '99 XLT SC SB 4x2 4.6 auto 3.55 ls The occasional Z-71 Eater! Wedgewood & Denim, SuperChipped, Airaid FIPK, Rhino Liner, Extang Classic tonneau cover, Mobil 1. Man, I got it all! (New Jersey)

Old 01-09-2000, 03:09 PM
OK Tom, just bring pictures .....

------------------
Dunbarton "The Middle Aged Kid" '99 XLT SC SB 4x2 4.6 auto 3.55 ls The occasional Z-71 Eater! Wedgewood & Denim, SuperChipped, Airaid FIPK, Rhino Liner, Extang Classic tonneau cover, Mobil 1. Man, I got it all! (New Jersey)

Old 01-09-2000, 03:31 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking

Does this mean I should cancel the boxing smoker at the rally?

Old 01-09-2000, 09:26 PM
Would one of the organizers of this event put it on the calendar https://www.f150online.com/cgi-bin/calendar/calendar.pl

As far as screen names, Mike does that mean we a have to call you Superchips_Distributor
or just 'Chip'?

Is our exhaulted webmaster attending this event?

------------------
Y2K F150 XLT SC SB 4.6 V8 standard, 3.55 LS, RED!
K&N FIPK,
Jeraco Deluxe High-Rise Cap,
F150Online sticker on rear window,
ON ORDER: SUPERCHIP
Previous Ford Trucks '84 F150, '87 Ranger

Old 01-09-2000, 09:32 PM
I'm sorry Mike, I wouldn't think of calling you Chip. Not you, not a name like that, maybe Super, yeah that's it we'll call you Super for short. No, I didn't say you were short, I mean...as in nickname.

(I have to make it right, my chip is still sitting in Mike's, I mean Super's shipping room)

Old 01-09-2000, 09:59 PM
Wink

Hey TnT we would also request that you bring a copy of your title. No offense

Old 01-09-2000, 10:46 PM
Cool

How 'bout this - I'll bring pics, several URLs and my title. Or, if ATST brings hers I can point at hers and say, "Just like hers - except not as fancy."

...and I know the National Superchips Distributor's REAL nickname.... But I won't tell...

Tom in Tacoma

------------------
1998 F150 XLT S/C 4.6L Auto, 3.55LS, 4X2, Moonlight Blue, all the bells & whistles except for leather seats. Lund Deflector, Lund Premier Tonneau, K&N, Body-color painted Throttle Cover, Pentaliner S/R, Window tint, factory side-steps, Infiniti component speakers, Superchip. Tom in Tacoma (Washington not Toyota)
Go check out http://communities.msn.com/SS97FordsPics for the second best website for F150's

Old 01-10-2000, 12:34 AM
Angry

Is there anyone out there that's near Dunbarton that can reach over and smack him upside the head? It's bad enough that people ask if I drive a Toyota (shudder), but to suggest I drive a (shudder.....) Chevy - them's fightin' words.

Don't make me come look you up in Norfolk ;-)

Tom in Tacoma

------------------

Old 01-10-2000, 04:47 PM
Former Sponsor
Dear Tom,

Sure, I'll do that! You'll probably want a rental car for the weekend anyway, as there is so much to se and do in that area, but I'll be happy to pick you up at Norfolk Int'l. Airport, sure, and you're welcome to ride around with us! My wife and I will both be there, and we will be visiting other friends too, so it's going to be a full weekend! Given the fact that I haven't seen you since January of 1972, it's the least I can do if you're gonna come! We *are* going to have big fun, heh-heh.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 01-10-2000, 04:58 PM
Former Sponsor
Dear Dunbarton,

Call it my fault. Tom's an old high-school buddy, so if he's willing to come all the way across the country, heck, he can ride in my car. Unless, of course, somebody *else* from that far away drives their F-150, in which case, hmmm.....maybe they'll have to split the prize. What prize? There *is* no prize just yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something!

It'll be great if you can make it, Dunbarton!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Quick Reply: Norfolk Va F150online Summer 2000 Rally!