Code "EGE1"

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2000, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Code "EGE1"

If I buy one of the used chips that isn't my code, can it be reprogrammed to fit mine. Or anybody got a used one?

------------------
1998 F150 XLT 2WD, reg cab, styleside, swb, 4.6L, auto, red w/grey int.
Modifications: Replacement black leather steering wheel, Leather seat from Lariet, cd/cass combo from a superduty, 4WD bumper with lights, 4WD fender flares, Ground force lowering 2/4, 17" STX rims with 255/60R17 tires, lorider hard cover.

Old 02-01-2000, 10:32 AM
I can't answer if Superchips will reprogram a chip for the non original owner... However I also am interested in a used EGE1 chip, if anyone has one please email at svtdrag@yahoo.com ; also MDCurtis, you are just up the road from me, I live in Sugar Hill.

------------------
1998 F-150 SC Flareside 4.6 Wht/Grey Auto
Additions: Line-X 8-31-99
3.73:1 Pro Auburn, Custom made cold air induction system, Flowmaster exhaust, N2O (when needed)
Epic Lakota Chrome wheels and 285-75-16 tires.

Old 02-01-2000, 06:36 PM
Thanks Mike, Somehow I knew that was going to be the answer. I'll send you an email later this month with my specs. to order a new one if I don't find one. From all the info on the board I've seen and your very professional responses, it's clear to me that Superchip is the one and only way to go for me. Thanks again.
TJohnston, I'd like to talk to you sometime about the 3.73 rear and the nitrous. They're both of interest to me and I'd like to ask a few questions. Curtis629@aol.com

------------------
1998 F150 XLT 2WD, reg cab, styleside, swb, 4.6L, auto, red w/grey int.
Modifications: Replacement black leather steering wheel, Leather seat from Lariet, cd/cass combo from a superduty, 4WD bumper with lights, 4WD fender flares, Ground force lowering 2/4, 17" STX rims with 255/60R17 tires, lorider hard cover.

Old 02-02-2000, 12:29 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear MDCurtis,

No, the Superchip must be the exact same computer code to work on your vehicle. A number of Superchips are the later flash design, so they can be reflashed to some vehicles, but not all. However, by the time you pay the cost to have it reflashed to your correct computer code, and pay for the used Superchip, you could have bought a new Superchip and paid less.

And no, Superchips will not reflash any Superchip to a new code when you go to your next vehicle, they have just recently allowed their "Modem Dealers" to do that for a fee, but they won't do it directly. About the only time that Superchips the manufacturer will reflash a chip to a different code is if a customer has had their *current* vehicle's computer reflashed by their dealer to a new code, and it's done to protect the customer's investment in their Superchip for their *current* vehicle.

Reflashing an existing Superchip for a new vehicle can only be done by a "Modem Dealer", who will charge for this. So by the time you pay that fee, and pay for the used Superchip, you're better off buying a new Superchip from a financial aspect.

That having been said, if you can find a used Superchip that matches the computer code of your vehicle, they are almost always an excellent value, and I *do* encourage this.

Good luck,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Online Superchip ordering system:https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 02-01-2000).]

Old 02-02-2000, 01:44 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear MDCurtis,

If you don't get lucky and find a used one with your code, we'll of course be happy to help whenever you're ready.

Best of luck with your truck,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Online Superchip ordering system:https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

Quick Reply: Code "EGE1"