Flipchip install

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2000, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Flipchip install

So I call Mike and order my Flipchip for my 250 on Tuesday. He tells me that, since I'm getting two programs, it may take a week to get it made up -- so don't expect it for about a week-and-a-half. Three days later it shows up! And this includes 2 days for shipping! What's up, Mike? Do you tell everyone it'll be next week while you're packaging up people's chips while you still have them on the phone?

The chip went in easily enough -- removing the silicone conformal coating took the most time (by the way, I think fingernails work best for this -- but only if they are CLEAN). The chip went in, the computer was replaced, and it started right up (no jumper problem).

Couple of items of note for any interested parties: the 250 LD (at least mine) has the computer in the standard "150" location -- passenger's kick panel (Mike mentioned that it might be in one of three locations as the 250 LD is an oddball) ; and the flip switch fits very nicely in the small "compartment" just to right of the glovebox.

I drove it some tonight and like the firmer shifts and I love the fact that it no longer dogs-down as it shifts from 1st to 2nd.

I'll be playing more this weekend...

Thanks again, Mike! Also thanks to Duke for the great pics on Superchip installation -- very helpful.

Jim

------------------
'99 F-250 LD 5.4L SC XLT 2WD 3.73LS in White/Silver (w/ EVERYTHING 'cept leather and engine block heater) -- added: SnugTop Hi-Liner & carpet kit, Donnelly electrochromatic/compass mirror, K&N filter, 3" Induction Tube Airbox Mod., SuperWhite 9007 bulbs, IAS shocks, Mobil 1, Bosch +4 plugs, Flowmaster-70 3" cat-back exhaust, SuperChip FlipChip, more to come... (Westin side bars, electric fan, and silver fender/wheel flares are next)

http://hometown.aol.com/jimorama/myh...ollection.html

Old 01-29-2000, 02:28 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear JHerron,

Actually, we got lucky, Superchips very kindly accelerated your custom program for regular gasoline for Position 1 in your Flip Chip, so we were able to make it happen right away.

So now you've got one program for regular gasoline, and then the other performance program for premium gasoline, available at the flip of the switch! The regular gasoline program doesn't add much if any real horsepower to the engine, but it will still accelerate quicker due to the transmission programming changes, and the removal of those transitional spark retards all over the place, like the 1-2 upshift like you mentioned. So it should feel noticeably better, and then when you can run premium, and get the *real* power gain in Position 2, it'll feel even better.

Have fun,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Online Superchip ordering system:https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

Old 01-31-2000, 06:15 PM
Thumbs up

JHerron,

I ordered my Flip Chip today! Same setup as yours! I hope I get the same pleasent surprise you did, and they get mine done quickly! I hate the wait!

So, now that's it's been in a couple days, let's hear what you think!

------------------
Paul...
99 F-150 XLT SC Sport, 4.6L, Auto, Captain Chairs, Class III Towing Package, 3.55 LS, Sliding Rear Window, White, 4X2, CD, Soft Factory Tonneau Cover, K&N Filter, WMS Velocity Tube, Line-X Spray on Bed Liner, Gibson Side Swept Cat Back System, F150online Decal...
More to come!

ptarnuzzer@megsinet.net

Old 02-01-2000, 11:20 PM
Talking

A Dodge tried to play with me today. We were on the freeway and I was minding my own business, I just wanted to make sure that my speed limiter was removed -- it is

Well, I'm waiting to get around Mr. Dodge and he thinks I want to play. So he goes into this corner about as fast as he can -- I passed him on the inside doing ~75 mph (the IAS shocks really are nice), then just walked away from him as we started up the hill -- I topped 100 mph by the time the hill crested. Mr. Dodge must have given up cuz he was a good 75 yards behind me and the hill is only ~½ mile long

I've been running super unleaded and playing all weekend. Tonight I filled up with regular in order to check out my other program on the Flipchip.

Hope you enjoy yours, Paul, and that it comes in soon.

Jim

Old 02-02-2000, 06:56 AM
Talking

I'm patiently waiting! Ordered it on Monday, was told 7 to 10 days, 5 to 8 to go... But who's counting!

------------------
Paul...
99 F-150 XLT SC Sport, 4.6L, Auto, Captain Chairs, Class III Towing Package, 3.55 LS, Sliding Rear Window, White, 4X2, CD, Soft Factory Tonneau Cover, K&N Filter, WMS Velocity Tube, Line-X Spray on Bed Liner, Gibson Side Swept Cat Back System, F150online Decal...
Flip Chip on it's way!

ptarnuzzer@megsinet.net

Old 02-02-2000, 01:39 PM
Former Sponsor
Dear JHerron,

Congratulations on your first "kill" with your new Superchip. You didn't cut that Dodge any slack, from the sounds of it!

Those Edelbrock IAS shocks are amazing, aren't they? They really do help handling and the ride of these vehicles, and we highly recommend them.

Have fun, & please be careful checking out the new limits of your vehicle!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 02-02-2000, 01:41 PM
Former Sponsor
Hey Paul T,

We all know *you're* counting the days!! (I'm just kidding around with you)

It won't be too terribly long.........

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 02-02-2000, 05:39 PM
Cool

LOL!

Mike, you are sooo right! I have two count downs going on!

29 days and a wake-up!

------------------
Paul...
Flip Chip on it's way!

ptarnuzzer@megsinet.net

Old 02-03-2000, 01:50 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Paul,

Say that's right you *are* short, aren't you? (That's a military term, "short", for those who are close to getting out, or going back "to the world".)

So you're short 29 and a wake-up, eh?

It won't be long now!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 02-03-2000, 05:40 PM
Talking

Mike,

I wish the military moved as last as Superchips does! I'd be home right now!

7 to 10 days huh? More like 2 days and a wake-up! It arrived tonight!

That's some awsome service! Superchips must give priority to F-150 Online members along with that great discount!

Thanks again!

------------------
Paul...
Flip Chip on it's way!

ptarnuzzer@megsinet.net

Old 02-03-2000, 06:08 PM
It's in! It's in!

And it started right up!

Not bad considering I was doing it in the dark, and without a flashlight! I never can find the damn thing when I need it!

Total install time including removal cleaning the contacts, installing the chip and putting it back in: 15 minutes!

Do I have a record?

I'm off for a drive!

------------------
Paul...
99 F-150 XLT SC Sport, 4.6L, Auto, Captain Chairs, Class III Towing Package, 3.55 LS, Sliding Rear Window, White, 4X2, CD, Soft Factory Tonneau Cover, K&N Filter, WMS Velocity Tube, Line-X Spray on Bed Liner, Gibson Side Swept Cat Back System, Superchips Flip Chip, and the one and only F150online Decal...

What more is there!

ptarnuzzer@megsinet.net

[This message has been edited by PaulT (edited 02-03-2000).]

Old 02-05-2000, 12:27 AM
Former Sponsor
Hey Paul,

That just might be a record time for a first-time installation in the dark!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Quick Reply: Flipchip install