Finally going to be chipped...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2000, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Finally going to be chipped...

I finally got my chip on order! Now the worse part, the wait!

Special thanks to Mike Troyer! He makes spending money sooo enjoyable, and easy! Just kidding, I really enjoyed talking with Mike, He knows his stuff and cares that you really get what you're looking for! I can't wait to try my flip chip! Nothing like getting two chips for the price of one! A real bargin! Thanks Mike!

------------------
Paul...
99 F-150 XLT SC Sport, 4.6L, Auto, Captain Chairs, Class III Towing Package, 3.55 LS, Sliding Rear Window, White, 4X2, CD, Soft Factory Tonneau Cover, K&N Filter, WMS Velocity Tube, Line-X Spray on Bed Liner, Gibson Side Swept Cat Back System, F150online Decal...
More to come!

ptarnuzzer@megsinet.net

Old 01-31-2000, 05:22 PM
Talking

Hi. I'm new. Just wondering what you meant by "getting two chips for the price of one" ?

------------------
1999 F-250LD 4X4 XLT Supercab SB, 5.4L, AT, 3.73LS, 33"Wrangler ATS, Dual Exhaust, custom air intake, Color: Harvest Gold cc "Ready to Farm"

Old 01-31-2000, 05:34 PM
Thumbs up

Funkster,

Read the post under Ask a Vendor, Flip Chip Info. Mike T posted an explanation of the function of a Flip Chip.

What I wanted was a chip that gave all the benefits of the transmission mods but enabled me to run regular gas. Being as this would require a custom program (and thus the additional custom programming fee) Mike suggested the Flip Chip. The flip chip contains two different programs, and is wired with a switch that allows you to choose which program you want to run. So I got both the standard superchip program plus my custom regular gas program for the cost of a of a custom programmed chip! I look at it as paying for my custom programmed chip, and getting a regular (All the goodies) superchip for free! I like free! I hope this helps, but feel free to give Mike a call, he's definately the expert!

------------------
Paul...
99 F-150 XLT SC Sport, 4.6L, Auto, Captain Chairs, Class III Towing Package, 3.55 LS, Sliding Rear Window, White, 4X2, CD, Soft Factory Tonneau Cover, K&N Filter, WMS Velocity Tube, Line-X Spray on Bed Liner, Gibson Side Swept Cat Back System, F150online Decal...
More to come!

ptarnuzzer@megsinet.net

[This message has been edited by PaulT (edited 01-31-2000).]

Old 02-03-2000, 05:36 PM
Talking

WOW! It's here! They must have some of these ready to go! The turn around is on these chips is awsome!

Now I'll have to think of an excuse to get off work early tomorrow so I have some daylight to install this monster!

Thanks Mike! Don't bother calling and checking the status for me, I think I know!

------------------
Paul...
Flip Chip on it's way!

ptarnuzzer@megsinet.net

Old 02-05-2000, 12:31 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Paul,

I wanted to enjoy the look of surprise on your face when it arrived yesterday, but since I'm not there, I'll just have to take your word for it!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Online Superchip ordering system:https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

Quick Reply: Finally going to be chipped...