now i need a new tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
now i need a new tuner?

Great. So here i am with my stock engine. I bought the 1715 and love it. I could actually FEEL the difference. But now im putting on a procharger (8-9 psi) with 42# injectors and 90mm MAF. ive got the FT valve body and gregs tranny cooler. Come to find out now i need to buy a NEW tuner (9100) in order to get a tune that will work. This means i need to sell my 1715 so that the wife doesnt kill me for spending another $400. if any of u guys need a 1715, let me know and i'll be happy to sell you one. oh and by the way....i guess i wont be needing my k&n FIPK gen 2 anymore either. lol

Old 05-07-2004, 02:43 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi CD,

Exactly right - you can't use the 1715 Micro Tuner (or any other "standard" tuning product, for that matter) with a supercharger. You also can't ever use anything less than the best quality premium gasoline either.

The tunes in the 1715 are intended for stock to lightly modified vehicles - not vehicles requiring custom tuning for major mods like a supercharger, or when changing the MAF or injector sizing, etc. - those kinds of modifications require detailed custom tuning for the engine to run correctly and safely.

You may find that you can make use of part of that K&N FIPK kit in many cases when installing the blower - you might need an adapter ring to just install the conical filter directly onto the 90mm MAF, or a reducer (we automatically include the reducer when we ship our 90mm MAF's for these types of applications), but you should be able to make use of *some* of it, even if it's just the conical air filter element itself - just a thought.

Make sure you list your 1715 and any other used performance parts you want to turn over for sale in the Classified Ads section of F-150 Online - people are constantly cruising for bargains there, and the Webmaster has set that up free of charge to F-150 Online members for exactly that purpose. To access that area, click on the "Classifieds" link on the left side of your screen here.

Good luck, & congratulations on the blower!

Old 05-07-2004, 03:24 PM
thanks for the info. i'll be sure to do that. The guy im buying the s/c from is including a chip so at least i will be able to run the truck while im waiting for the tuner.

Old 05-10-2004, 08:10 PM
Chinookdriver, let me know what you what for the SuperChip 1715 and the K&N FIPK gen II. I might just take them off your hands. My 2002 F150 SC 4X4 5.4L could use a little boost in the performance dept. Thanks, Boomer jvcatfan@yahoo.com

Old 05-10-2004, 11:45 PM
First of all, Welcome to F150online. Im willing to part with the tuner for $300 (i paid $400 and it was the best thing i ever bought next to my supercharger!!) and the FIPK for $100 ( im not sure exactly what i paid but i'll throw in a filter cleaner kit). I'll email you with this same post just in case you didnt turn on email notification.

Chinookdriver

Quick Reply: now i need a new tuner?