Kudos to mike…

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 03:27 PM
WLF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kudos to mike…

Kudos to mike…

I just wanted to let you guys know about a recent call to Troyer Performance about some products I bought last year and have not yet installed. I was put through to Mike himself and he really took his time and helped me with several issues. I will need to reprogram my Superchip so we discussed that. I purchased his electric fan kit and he discussed changes in the way they recommend hooking up the Air conditioner (he is sending the changes to me by mail voluntarily). I am installing his electric transmission cooler and he gave me his recommendations about where to put it and how to hook it up. We discussed current mods, future mods and future plans for my truck.

The point here is he TOOK THE TIME to talk to me and give me information even though I had already purchased the product. I never once felt hurried. I was the one who had to go because I was at work. I think he would have stayed on the phone as long as I needed him to.

There is a lot of bashing on these boards so I just wanted to given some positive comments when they are due.

Thanks Mike, you’ve got a Customer and an Advocate in me.

WLF

Old 05-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi WLF,

That's very kind of you to say, thank you.

Best of luck with your truck!

Old 05-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A quick question, how does Mike now reccomend hooking up to the AC condenser?

Thanks!

Old 05-08-2004, 10:44 AM
WLF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will answer that when I recieve the information. Perhaps Mike can answer here.

Old 05-09-2004, 02:58 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Casper,

Because that is off-topic for the Computer Chips section, I'll just say something briefly, & then you can give us a call if you like to go over this in more detail............

Two things - first, we're connecting to whichever fuse handles the A/C compressor clutch in each vehicle (and that varies sometimes depending on model year, etc.). Just like we always did with the switched ignition source connection, in other words. The other thing is that we're using the high-temp fan to come on with the A/C, instead of the low-temp fan. There were specific reasons why we did that differently for some time, primarily cold climates. For someone like yourself, who is up in Alaska, I'd leave it set up so the low-temp fan comes on with the A/C - that's better for colder climates.

Feel free to give us a call to go over any of this in more detail, and if you'd like to have the latest version of our installation manual - we make that available to anyone who has purchased that kit from us.

By the way - sounds like a nice truck by looking at that signature line!

Quick Reply: Kudos to mike…