Anyone running a superchip on the 4.9l I6?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2000, 08:18 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
HI Bill!

Yes, an Army Brat at that! We were at Scofield for 4 years before Hawaii was even a state, from 55-59, a bit after you.

I can't tell you how tickled I am that you're going to allow that 4.9 it's dignity once again, that's just wonderful, after all this time. Steve Eppinger would love to hear that too, I think it would do him proud to know that his F150online message board had a roll in that in some small way!

Best of luck with the new project, and thanks for letting me know about the value of those old beige Pontiac's, that would have made good old Dad grin from ear to ear to know that.

Cheers,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Online Superchip ordering system:https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

Old 02-14-2000, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Mike, once again my must disagree with you. I do not believe that we did Bill any good in convincing him to get the 4.9 up and running again! And what I mean by that, is I wanted that damn motor darnit!
But seriously Mike and Bill, what a great thread! I would love to be kept up to date on how that project is coming along, and pictures wouldn't hurt either!!

Best wishes,
Neal Coppola

Long live the 4.9!!

------------------
'94 F-150, 4.9 6cyl., K&N FIPK, Mangecor 8mm wires. Gibson 3" Side Swept, MSD Blaster Coil, superchip. Pioneer DEH-P835R Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate 200a1 pushing 2 RF 10" subs, components and another amp will go in when funds are allocated! Just put on Pirelli Scorpion A/T 255/75/15. Est. 200 hp 300ft/lb. Torque! Not bad for a straight 6!! Also driving the girlfriend's '94 Mercury Grand Marquis.

Old 02-15-2000, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbs? What's a carb?

Old 02-16-2000, 12:19 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
HI Neal!

I know, I know! Ever since Bill Murray described how that engine was built and configured, I've been drooling myself, and I don't have any vehicle it could even be used in! Blueprinted & balanced, with triple Webers, man that's gotta be a nice motor! I wouldn't want to have to sync those carbs, though, I think I've forgotten those long-unused skills, if I ever really had them!

Who knows, you *might* be able to offer Bill a deal, maybe? Uh-oh, I might be starting something here that I shouldn't! And you're going to be trading in anyway.

Have fun,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Online Superchip ordering system:https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

Quick Reply: Anyone running a superchip on the 4.9l I6?