DIGITAL GUAGES JUST FOUND HIDDEN ON "99" and 2000 F-150's!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-1999, 08:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool DIGITAL GUAGES JUST FOUND HIDDEN ON "99" and 2000 F-150's!!!

HI!... ALL! I don't know if someone has already found this but I will mention it anyway. I was messing around with my truck the other day and found something very interesting. With the truck "OFF" press down on your odometer button and hold it there. Then while pressing it down turn your key to the "ON" position, but do not start the truck. Keep holding the odometer button down untill it says "tESt" in the digital screen. As soon as it says "tESt" release the button imediatly! Then press it once and the word "GAGE" will appear. Wait a moment and the truck will test all your gauges. They will all make a full sweep. Wait a moment and the guages will return to normal. Then press the button again and the word "BULB" will appear. Then all of your dash lights will turn on so you can see if any are burnt out. I will tell you this that there are 30 words or codes that will appear in total. For those of you that would like to know how fast you are going in kph after you go past the pitiful 160kph factory speedo just keep pushing the odometer button until you see the code "M OOO.O". Then start the truck and the odometer screen will turn into a digital speedo that read in kph. To get it to read in mph do just the same procedure until the screen reads "ENG 000.0". Start the truck and now it will be a digital speedo that reads in mph way above the factory 160kph or 100mph. There is also a code that reads "tAC" which will turn into a digital tachometer. Theres a battery cage as well ("batt"). There is also one that says "OIL" but it seems not to work at all, just proving that the factory oil preasure guage is a false guage. I also found one for what I think is alternative fuel "ALTF". There is also a code that says "FUEL" and it tells you how many more kms you can go with the fuel you have left in your gas tank. There is 30 codes in all and I don't know what they all mean right now but JMC and I am working on it. But one note to you all, if your speedo is off ( gear or tire change) the digital screen will display the exact same as the factoru speedo will. I just thought you guys would like to know this. I have been having a ball with it all day long making top speed runs and highest rpm's reached in each gear. Have fun guys!!!

------------------
NEAL [ the horsepower freak ] NEWMAN
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP.

FUTURE MODS : JBA headers, power pulleys, twin electric fans, traction bars, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit, and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA supercharger.
ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 310H.P / 405ft/lbs of torque.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w 530H.P(natural), 750H.P with N.O.S, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Old 12-11-1999, 09:02 PM
Cool

HI!... By the way this should also work for you LIGHTNING guys as well. Espeically you LIGHTNING guys that can exceed your factory speedo. Now you can find out how fast you are really going above 140mph! Later!

------------------
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP.

FUTURE MODS : JBA headers, power pulleys, twin electric fans, traction bars, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit, and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA supercharger.
ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 310H.P / 405ft/lbs of torque.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w 530H.P(natural), 750H.P with N.O.S, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Old 12-12-1999, 02:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that's great, gonna try it out later.

Robert

Old 12-12-1999, 02:56 AM
Thumbs up

Neal,
Thanks for the display tip!
Now I have another reason to sit in the garage and bond with my new baby!

If/when you and JMC break the codes please post your results.

------------------
2000, F-150, XLT, SC, Flareside, 4x4, 5.4, 3.55ls, ORP,
Tow Package,BFG Allterrain T/A KO's
Downey soft tonneau, Black Westin step bars
Bright REDWINGS red

Old 12-12-1999, 05:36 PM
Cool

HI!... 2000REGCAB54 : Just purely by accident my friend, purely by accident! 8-) lol!

------------------

Old 12-12-1999, 07:40 PM
Thumbs up

Neal, cool little tip on the "hidden-tach"!! I have been curious about my lil' 4.2 revving. I was considering adding a factory tach to my '99....is this possible? If anyone out there has any idea, please let me know!!! Thanks again Neal!! Doc

------------------
1999 F-150
4.2L, 5-speed
reg. cab, short bed, Sport Grill,
Pioneer DEH-P4000 CD,
Tinted windows, "blacked-out" factory rims, 255's in place of 235's (tiny tires!)
more to come....

Old 12-13-1999, 12:35 AM
Cool

Nice one Neal!! G.

Old 12-13-1999, 12:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got back from trying my "new" digital speedo and tach. Neat stuff Neal. Where do you come up with this stuff?

------------------
2000 reg cab sb 5.4 XLT 2WD silver 3.55 LS 4 wheel antilock discs Superchip K&N

Old 12-13-1999, 01:12 AM
franks&beans
doc_f150, what kind of Sport Grill did you install on your truck?

Thanks,

F&B

------------------
98 F-150,4.2L auto, 4.10 gears w/ LS, Tow Pkg. BFG AT 265/75/16, K&N air filter, Dynomax muffler, Edelbrock shocks, Hellwig sway bar...superchip is coming

[This message has been edited by franks&beans (edited 12-13-1999).]

Old 12-13-1999, 10:18 AM
Thanks Neal! Goin to try it out now!

Old 12-13-1999, 10:19 AM
Question

And does it say anything in the manual about this?

Old 12-13-1999, 10:22 AM
Try this:
www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/news/99hec.htm

These are the codes for the 1999 mustang - hope this helps

[This message has been edited by Victor (edited 12-13-1999).]

Old 12-13-1999, 10:28 AM
What about if you need the odometer back?

Old 12-13-1999, 04:05 PM
Anyone?

Old 12-13-1999, 05:16 PM
Just depress the odometer button while the engine is running, or turn off the ignition and it will end the diagnostic mode.

Quick Reply: DIGITAL GUAGES JUST FOUND HIDDEN ON "99" and 2000 F-150's!!!