Mike Troyer Look!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike Troyer Look!!

Hi Mike!
I finally got around to logging data on my 98 F150 with the converted 5.4. You had asked me to log one more time and send you the files and chip so you could take one more shot at fine tuning for the 5.4.

To refresh your memory I am using my Coil Packs and and FOU4 computer code to run a 2001 5.4 with PI heads. I have the original MAF from the 4.6.

With the chip installed, I am getting a P0171 and P0174 code which indicates bank 1 and 2 too lean. I cleaned the MAF and still get the code.

Other notables:
1. When I start my truck it idles high 1,500rpm for 30 or more seconds then settles down to around 750. Eventualy after it warms up it drops to about 550-600 which is what you had set it for.

2. On hard acceleration, when shifting from second to 3rd, there is a notable drop in power. Takes sometime to pick back up and get into the power band.

I sent the chip to you with a CD this morning FedX 2nd day. You should have it by the end of the week.

Question? Do you think it would help if I changed the MAF to either an aftermarket, or find a used one from a 98 F150 which had the 5.4 originally.

Looking to hear from you.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 05-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello Steve,

Just above the section where you can type your text to make a post here, appears the following text:

IMPORTANT! Please do not use the forums to post wanted items or for sale items. Please use the classifieds for that purpose. Threads in violation of this request will be removed without notice. *****In addition, to contact our Supporting Vendors directly, please use the contact information on this page.***** (link appears in that text that takes you to our contact info)

So it's made clear to everyone here - between the rules of F-150 Online, the reminder put on each and every page where anyone enters any post, as well as the many times we've said this here before, that this is *NOT* the place or the way to report "problems" to us, or to get Tech Support on any product purchased from us, etc.

There is only ONE way for our customers to communicate those kinds of matters to us, and that is by calling us.

So please - anyone wanting Tech Support on any part or service purchased from us needs to *call* us, not post it here.

Thanks for your understanding, Steve, it's greatly appreciated

Talk to you soon,

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 05-11-2004 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:41 PM
I for one would love to see your answer to his problem. I have been following sclime's saga 4.6-5.4 conversion for a while now and would love to see the resolution. This is what its all about, sharing info.
Jes

Old 05-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Steve, by all means keep us informed on the progress of solving your problems. Its always interesting to see how these kinds of things work out.

I realize Mike is not obliged to answer your question here, but if you should talk to him, let us know what you guys come up with.

Old 05-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Sorry Mike!!!

I sent an e-mail to you with the same info. I will try to call you next week to discuss.

As for the others of you following this. The truck is running great other than the lean condition. Idles great and has plenty of torque. I will be glad when I finally have the chip tuned properly so I can drive it worry free.

I will post the results of this round of tuning when I get the chip back. This is round 3. Mike has done an excellent job so far. The first round fixed a number of issues and the shift points and overall runability of the truck was great. The next round fixed a couple of issues with surging and was actually programmed as a 5.4. This time around I think will do it.

Mike does an excellent job of reading and analyzing the data and I have nothing but great things to say about what he does with the programming.

If you are thinking about doing this swap, I would tell you that I would do it all again. I am very happy with the 5.4.

Steve

Quick Reply: Mike Troyer Look!!