Best chip?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best chip?

I have a 2000 f150 lariat and i want to know how much a chip would be that has a in cab display of some kind. I dont want to break my wallet but i do want economy settings and horsepower settings.

does anyone have any suggestions or pictures?

Last edited by saltwatercowboy; 05-20-2004 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:33 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Salt,

I think you may be confusing a product that is made for SuperDuty Ford trucks with the turbocharged Powerstroke diesel engine - one that you've probably seen on TV I'm guessing, like the weekend automotive & truck shows on TNN/Spike TV, for example - many of us watch those shows. That "display" you're talking about is simply a few gauges built into that turbodiesel engine device's control module - that's also where you see the separate programs labeled economy, towing, performance, etc. that you're talking about - those units are for the turbocharged diesel engines, nor your F-150. But don't worry, there are appropriate products for your F-150.

You can get all of those "displays" for your F-150 truck, but it's not going to be part of a "chip" - you will simply need to install an A-pillar pod & then the gauges you want - then the gauges will look nicely integrated into the cabin of your F-150, like they came on it from the factory, so you have your "display."

In terms of "what's the best chip," getting the best power, performance & mpg gains, that's all in the actual *tuning*, not the hardware. To get all the info you could ever want on that, simply read some of the many posts here that many people have already placed here for that very purpose - so others who want to know can read that information any time.

You can also use the search feature (it's icon is in the upper right portion of your screen here) to retrieve & read posts on any specific topic you want - the search feature allows you to *instantly* access the specific info you want. Generally speaking, once most people post their impressions & results, they generally do not tend to keep repeating the same info again each time another new person asks the same basic question - hence reading the posts already here is generally your best way to quickly get the info you want and excellent feedback directly from those who have spent their hard-earned money to buy and use the products. Virtually everyone who comes here wants to know the same basic thing - "what's the best performance tuning?" We all want the most power & best mpg we can get, of course.

If you spend some time reading the posts here, you'll see most people have us do their F-150 tuning, as we've specialized in F-150 tuning for 12 years, and get the best power & performance gains.

What I would suggest is our 9100 custom Micro Tuner, in which we can do 3 different custom tunes, one of which can specifically be a "fuel economy" oriented program. We can set you up with a tune to get the best "fuel economy" as is possible for these heavy gas-engine trucks, as well as do a "towing" program, and of course, a maximum "performance" type of tune, too - we can set up those tunes any way you like, basically. That's the whole idea, to do a set of 3 different custom tunes, done the way each individual vehicle owner needs for their driving conditions, modifications to the vehicle, etc.

You can also drop by our web site at the following link, to take a look at the various Superchips products available for your truck - I would recommend reading up on Part #'s 5500, 6600 & 9100, as those are the 4-bank style tuning products in which we can do our in-depth custom tuning in for your F-150, to get you the absolute best power & mpg gains. Here's the link: http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...chips%3BFoMoCo

We also carry all the gauges & just about everything else to improve the performance of these vehicles - far more than just what is shown on our web site.

Most people use the #9100, which is the custom version of the Superchips Micro Tuner - that's the easiest to install, and has other features too, like a built-in OBD-II code scanner.

If you'd like to go over any of this in more detail, please feel free to give us a call at our number listed below - we'll be happy to go over with you exactly what we can do for your truck, power gains, actual performance improvements, exact costs, results, etc., so you can give that some thought in making your decision. We cannot discuss specific parts pricing here, as that is against the rules of F-150 Online - they want those kinds of things to be discussed privately, off the boards, between vendor & customer.

I hope you'll take some time to read some of the posts from the members here, you'll find them very informative, & there's plenty of the info you want posted here to read & review.

Let us know if we can help, best of luck with your truck & we hope you'll hang out here with us in your spare time!

Old 05-27-2004, 06:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Troyer knows his stuff!

Quick Reply: Best chip?