Shift pressures at Max? Problems???

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shift pressures at Max? Problems???

Experimenting with the tuner lately and really like the shifting when Shift pressures are at Max!!
I have heard that this is not recommended but running any other way is not firm enough for me(especially the 1-2 shift).
Does anybody know for sure if this will damage anything or not??
Why have it(a Max setting) on the tuner if it will damage something??
Opinions please

Old 05-28-2004, 08:24 AM
do you have the 9100 tuner ? that's what i have and i don't know how to get to the program to change shift point settings .. could you tell me how ? i would like to test mine a little bit ..rocker

Old 05-28-2004, 10:24 AM
the 1715 is adjustable by the user. the 9100 is not, you'll have to send it back or update it via email, its set by the tuner (mike) in the program he put in.

Old 05-28-2004, 10:43 AM
hey , thanks alot for feedback...i got a 9100 "custom tuner" that i can't fine tune anything outside of the three preselected programs that are in the programmer , only change programs.....oh well confused

Old 05-28-2004, 09:16 PM
I've also heard that running the tuner with the line presure cranked to the max to be hard on tranny parts. Have you considered partially boosting the line pressure electronically and using a shift kit to do the rest. This is what I have done and like the result and knock on wood problem free for 25,000 miles.

Old 05-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Bosro,

If you will look back in the other thread where you originally posted that, you will find a detailed answer from us that I just posted today for you.

In short - NEVER set the shift pressures *or* the shift points all the way up to the maximum on those "MAX" series of Micro Tuners (the only ones that have adjustable parameters for those functions) - DON'T do that.

As Gearhead mentioned in his post, and as we have mentioned hundreds of times here, those that want their automatic transmission to shift "hard" need to do that via a combination of both mechanical mods *and* program changes - not just electronic line pressure alone. Anyone who wants to know how to do that safely and properly so the transmission is not damaged can just give us a call.

Give us a call if you'd like to go over this in more detail, Bosro, we'll be happy to help.

Have fun,

Quick Reply: Shift pressures at Max? Problems???