Question about using tuner on two trucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about using tuner on two trucks

My brother's got a Powerstroke Microtuner he wants to sell. My buddy's dad Frank has an '02 F250 PSD, and he'd like to try the tuner out next weekend when he hauls his 28' Sandpiper toy hauler over to Idaho, sort of a "try before you buy" thing.

So, here's what I'd like to know. Right now, my brother's truck is set back to stock. If we load the tow program on to Frank's '02, then set his back to stock when he gets back from Idaho, the tuner should be fine to use on any PSD after that, right?

I'm pretty sure it'd be alright, just need confirmation.

Thanks!!

Old 05-28-2004, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are absolutely correct.

Old 05-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi KAS300,

This can be done with *all* of the "MAX" series of Superchips Micro Tuners, not just the 1705 unit you're talking about, but also the 1715 for the F-150's, the 1725 for the gas engine V8 cars (Lincolns, Mustangs, Crown Vics, etc.) etc.

The unit becomes "VIN-locked" to the vehicle it's used on first, and then unlocks when you return the first vehicle's tuning back to stock - so a "MAX" series Micro Tuner can then be used on any other vehicle that unit is designed for. That can be done as many times as you like, there is no inherent limitation in that regard, and so many people let their friends try them to see how they like them, etc.

The only requirement is that the tuning be returned to stock in the first vehicle - then the unit is free to use on any other vehicle in that same vehicle platform.

It's important to note that the 9100 custom Micro Tuner *CANNOT* be used in that manner - each 9100 custom Micro tuner is VIN-locked to the first vehicle it's used on, and can only be used on a different vehicle by sending it in to us for new tuning.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Question about using tuner on two trucks