PCM "reflashed" question

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PCM "reflashed" question

ok, when i bought my truck at the dealership it was used with 5.4k miles on it and quite a few of mods done on it, tonnaue cover, tow hitch package, bug deflector, keyless entry/power windows, running boards, vent deflectors and fender chrome trimming....

now question, is it possible that the person who had my truck before hand to have reflashed my truck?...if so, how could i determine this/check it?

kthx

~Q

Old 05-29-2004, 04:30 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Anything is *possible*, but I seriously doubt if that was done - owners doing that return the vehicle back to stock before trading it in, so they can sell their chip or tuner and get some money out of it - if they leave it in when the trade in the vehicle, then they're just giving that away - and almost nobody does that.

One way you can tell is to attempt to drive it in excess of 100 mph - if it's been flashed with a proper performance tune, then the top speed limiter will no longer be there, and the truck will be able to do more than 99-105 mph- it'll be able to do more like 120+ mph, instead of just shutting down at 99 mph, where most of these trucks have their factory TS limiters.

The mods done to that truck are all appearance in nature - there are no performance mods in your list there at all. So between that and the fact that vehicle owners virtually always return their tuning back to stock before trading it in so they can get some money out of their tuner (or use it on the next vehicle), I seriously doubt you have anything other than the stock factory tuning in that PCM.

Good luck!

Old 05-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ah ok, your right...i remember asking about pcm and can flasher awhile ago cuz my truck didnt go past 100mphs....totally forgot about that and just wanted to check if it had been or hadnt.

sorry was having a blond moment /puts away his paris hilton pictures.

~Q

Old 06-01-2004, 07:01 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No problem - we *all* have those moments.

Congrats on your new truck!

Quick Reply: PCM "reflashed" question