superchip help

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2000, 08:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question superchip help

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CALL SUPERCHIP TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SPECS ON A NEW CHIP FOR MY 00 LIGHTNING BUT CAN NEVER REACH ANY ONE,SO IM HOPE SOME ONE HERE WILL KNOW.
ALSO DO I HAVE TO CHANGE THE BLOWER PULLY?
SO FAR THE ONLY MODS I HAVE ARE AIR FILTER.AND GETTING A BORLA SYSTEM

Old 05-20-2000, 11:30 AM
Angry

Yeah, I get the same lack of response from them also. I tried e-mailing them with some questions and haven't heard a thing from them yet. It's been several weeks. I believe it said something about giving them enough time to answer. Who knows how much time that is! I guess we'll have to call Mike Troyer, he is extremely helpful and responsive. I didn't call him first because I just about talked his ear off before I bought my chip and didn't want to badger him too much. I know he's got a business to run and although I don't think he would ever tell you this, if someone's yaking in his ear he's not making money. I have to say though, if I had tried to contact Superchips before I talked to Mike, and got the lack of response I'm getting now, I don't believe I'd have one of their chips in my truck now. Which is unfortunate, because I really like the chip. They just need to tighten up in their customer service department!

------------------
98 F-150 XLT 4X4 ORP Super Cab Short Bed, 4.6, Auto. Superchip, Gibson sing. cat-back, Airaid, 80/100w German head lamps. Warn HS9500i winch with semi hidden mount. Wrangler dual battery kit with red & yellow top Optima batteries. Torsion bars cranked up 2 turns. Needs one more door and a lot more power. I think I need to talk to Mr. Whipple.

Old 05-20-2000, 02:10 PM
THE BAD PART IS I WORK AT THE FORD PLANT THAT MAKES THE 4R100 TRANNY FOR THE LIGHTING AND COULD GET ALOT ON NEW BUSINESS FOR GOOD COMPANYS JUST BY WORD OF MOUTH,THINGS TRAVEL QUICK AROUND HERE.

Old 05-20-2000, 02:20 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear 6393ford,

Superchips Inc. is a bit slow in responding to emails. However, we are here as the National Distributor of their products to help answer any questions you may have!

Please feel free to contact us directly, our contact info is just below in my signature line, and we'll be more than happy to go over any aspects & details you would like to on the new Lightings and the Superchip programs for them.

To answer your questions about do you have to change the pulley on the supercharger, no you do not. That was true of the older kits for the last supercharged vehicle Ford made, the 1989-1995 Thunderbird Super Coupe. That kit had a pulley to increase boost by 50% and a compensated program.

For the new Lightnings, we do not increase the boost with a pulley, however, there are aftermarket pulleys that you can use with the Superchip for the Lightning if you want to.

The mods you have listed, and air filter mod of some type, and then the exhaust system change, will work just fine with the Superchip.

Best thing to do is just give us a shout, and we'll be happy to go over all the details with you, and answer any questions you may have. Though we are not officially open over the weekend, we do return all calls left on our voice-mail, so you can call anytime.

Congratulations on your new Lightning, and best of luck with your truck!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System

Old 05-21-2000, 12:02 AM
Cool

6393ford - welcome to the F150online Message Boards!!

I'll throw another comment in here about Mike Troyer - He'll be along soon enough and will answer your question. You'll see... He'll hook you right up for a chip.

Tom in Tacoma

------------------
1998 F150 XLT S/C 4.6L Auto, 3.55LS, 4X2, Moonlight Blue, all the factory bells & whistles except for leather seats.
  • Lund Deflector
  • Lund Premier Tonneau Cover
  • K&N Filter
  • Body-color painted Throttle Cover
  • Blue wire-looms
  • Pentaliner S/R
  • Window tint
  • Ford side-steps
  • Infiniti component speakers - front
  • Polk Audio speakers - back
  • Superchip (OH YEAH!!)
  • Flowmaster 50 Series 'Delta-Flow' w/ 3" pipe
  • Clear turn signal lenses
  • Next up - billet grill.

Tom in Tacoma

(Washington not Toyota)
Go check out http://communities.msn.com/SS97FordsPics for the second best website for F150's

Quick Reply: superchip help