computer chip 97 F150 4.6 L

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 10:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question computer chip 97 F150 4.6 L

I have heard about after market performance computer chips for various motors.
Is there a replacement chip available for a 97 F150 with the 4.6L Triton motor?

Old 06-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Superchips has a chip for the 97 F-150 with 4.6. I have one in mine now.
Contact Mike and he will fix you up. All you need is the code off the passenger side door or the computer box itself.

Old 06-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi real,

Yes, there certainly are excellent performance chips available for the F-150 with *any* of it's available engines, including your 4.6 V8 motor - we have several different types of tuning products that will work on your vehicle.

In terms of getting you the absolute highest power gains & best improvement in performance, that would be our custom tuning, which we can deliver to you in either our 4-program chip, or our 3-program Micro Tuner (hand-held flash device). There's also a single-program chip too - but most people want more flexibility these days, and thus tend to use our multi-program products. That way they can have multi-octane capability, and do things like have us do a fuel economy tune, then a performance tune, and towing program, etc.

We can get gains of about 26 HP on a healthy 4.6 motor, and knock an easy 5-7 tenths (and usually more, some trucks knock over a full second off their 0-60 & 1/4 mile times) off the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. More importantly, there is more horsepower and torque available all the time, at any throttle position or rpm, so it helps in *any* type of driving condition.

You can read all about this at the link at the end of this paragraph - when you click on that link, the two products that most people use to get our in-depth custom tuning (even on a bone-stock vehicle) for best power would be either our Part# 6600 (the 4-program chip) or Part#9100 (the 3-program Micro Tuner). Well, there's also the #5500, a single-program chip - that works fine of course, but does not allow you the flexibility of a multi-program product - most people these days use the 9100, as it gives them 3 different custom tunes and installs very easily via a simple plug-n-play connection in about 10 minutes. Here's the link: http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...chips%3BFoMoCo

To go over this in proper detail, please give us a call at our number listed below when you get a chance, & we'll be happy to spend some time with you going over the details - like exact condition of your truck, what other modifications (if any) you have done, how you use the vehicle, etc., and let you know just exactly what we can do, what it will cost, the best bang for the buck, etc. - so you can give all of that some thought in making your decision.

You'll probably also want to spend a little time reading some of the posts here - most people here have us do their tuning, as we've specialized in F-150 tuning for 12 years, and there are plenty of posts here from other members who post their impressions, results, etc., for others to see.

Thanks for dropping by, & best of luck whatever you decide!

Old 06-16-2004, 09:57 PM
go with the 9100...I've got this chit eatin' grin since I got mine for my '03 4.6

Old 06-16-2004, 11:01 PM
yep

i srtrongly second that and endorse it and mike troyers products and knowledge

Quick Reply: computer chip 97 F150 4.6 L