superchip is in, whats next?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2000, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking superchip is in, whats next?

superchip is in. i really like the difference it made in the shifts. the installation took about 20 minutes and was very simple. i guess gears will be next. any opinion on this? i am leaning toward 4:11, but would like to hear from you all. i use my truck for pulling a 14' construction trailer everyday.

------------------
97 moonlight blue long bed 2wd
4.2 auto 3.55
kenwood audio system
husky big box
custom made bed cover
vent visors
bug shield
flowmaster cat back
k&n filtercharger
weld dragstars
soon:
superchip
bald tires

Old 07-19-2000, 01:02 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Adam,

I got a laugh from your signature line, where it says under future mods the Superchip and bald tires.

How much does this trailer weigh? Since you have to tow it all the time like that, a change to 4.10 gears might be a very good next step for you, since you already have the programming, intake & exhaust done.

And since it's a 2WD, you only have to do one axle so it will be affordable, not more than $500 or so installed. Also, you will need to install the correct reduction gear to re-calibrate your speedometer when you do the gear change. This will not only restore your speedo & odometer accuracy, but that will also usually correct any odd behavior in shift points from the gear change and the resultant out of range condition that will be set from the VSS (vehicel speed sensor) data stream. Up thru the 1998 model year, you can still do this with a $20 gear, so this looks like a very good next step.

Good luck!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Info:https://www.f150online.com/rally2000/index.html

Quick Reply: superchip is in, whats next?