Mike, what's up with the Hurst short-throw?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mike, what's up with the Hurst short-throw?

They were supposed to be shipping by late April weren't they? Are they or have they been pushed back AGAIN? Thanks.

Last edited by Jackal; 06-21-2004 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Jackal,

They are actually now in production - the lower units are currently being powder-coated, the shipping boxes have all been printed & are just waiting for the parts to come back from the powder-coater, be assembled, and then - shipped out!!

The additional delay was simply Hurst stepping up to do what really should have been done originally, back when they first started shipping a couple of years ago, which was to test them in numerous different vehicles all across the country, instead of just a number of vehicles local to them. Some of the trucks they fit fine in 2 years ago, so some owners have been using them a god long while & loving them - but every one in a while, they'd find a truck where the cab placement on the frame (on the vehicle assembly line) varied a bit, and made the shifter run into a cup holder in one gear, etc., those silly kinds of PITA fitment issues on one truck here, another truck there, while most of them were fine. So, they took the time to stop production, send prototypes out all over the country, made adjustments as necessary, then re-tested across the country, and keep doing that until they found no more fitment issues on any of the trucks tested - all of that was finished as of about 6 weeks ago, and now it's actually back in production - yahoo!

So the powder-coated parts should be back in a few weeks, then they can assemble the shifters & package them for shipment & start getting them on their way.

The current timeframe estimate for them to actually start leaving Hurst on their way to us again is about 4-6 weeks - given that all the additional R&D is done and it's actually in production, I *think* they just might make that timeframe.

Old 06-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Thanks man, can't wait!!! So this is a do-it-yourself job at home with basic hand tools? This will be my next mod. I only hope it helps me to help my tranny from being so damned clunky.

Old 08-27-2004, 09:37 AM
Well, it's been 9 weeks now. Are they available? I can't wait any longer...I'm going to have to trade this POS off if it isn't soon.

Quick Reply: Mike, what's up with the Hurst short-throw?