Whats Best?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Whats Best?

I have an F-150 v6 4.6L and I want to make it run. I would appricaite if anyone could give me feedback on what is best for a reasonable price. Also I would like to know if it would be safe for me to install it myself or sould i have a pro do it for me?

Old 06-21-2004, 09:15 PM
V-6 4.0L or V-8 4.6L...talk to Mike Troyer

Old 06-21-2004, 09:17 PM
Old 06-23-2004, 07:30 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Coyote,

Welcome to F-150 Online!

The first thing you need to know about here on the message boards of F-150 Online is how to quickly access the info you want - which is by using the Search feature that is here for that very purpose, so you can instantly access all the info that is already here. The icon to access the Search feature is in the upper right portion of your screen here, and it's easy to use - with it's search filters, you can instantly retrieve & read all the years of info here - like the best "bang for the buck" mods, etc.

To get that vehicle's performance up first, the single best bang for the buck mod is a properly optimized powertrain program (chip, tuner, etc.) - nothing else will improve the acceleration times as much for the same or less cost as our in-depth custom tuning, even on a bone-stock truck. Then next would come a good intake kit, then a cat-back exhaust system. Then it's on to things like underdrive pulleys, electric fans, larger throttle body, headers, and the list goes on and on...............

There is a very long list of potential mods that your vehicle will respond well to if the proper parts are selected, but it's too much to type it all out here - the best way to get up to speed is to drop by our web site and spend some time reading the highly detailed info there. Drop by www.TroyerPerformance.com - when the home page loads, click on "Shop" - that will take you to the main parts section page, and once there, scroll down on the left side until you see the section titled "Performance Packages" - there you will see Stage 1 all the way thru Stage 5 performance packages for these trucks (as well as for the Lightnings, etc.), and reading the detailed info we have there will give you an *excellent* overview of what mods to do and in what order, to best take advantage of each dollar you spend improving the performance of that vehicle.

And of course, please feel free to give us a call at our number listed below to go over any of this in more detail, we'll be happy to help.

Many of the more simple bolt-on mods you can easily install yourself - for example, you can install our custom tuning in just 10 minutes, as it's a simple plug-n-play connection to your vehicle's OBD-II port (which is under the dash on the driver's side, just to the right of the driver's knee). In fact, most F-150 owners install their performance parts themselves, as many of those parts aren't hard to install.

Take some time to read some of the info here, and make sure to drop by our site to read the highly detailed info there in our Performance Packages section - even if you do things one at a time, the info there is great reading & will get you up to speed quickly on the best bang-for-the-buck mods to get started with.

Thanks for dropping by, happy reading & we hope you'll hang out here with us in your spare time!