Truckperformance.com su&ks

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2000, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Truckperformance.com su&ks

Last Friday I ordered a K&N GenII FIPK from Truckperformance.com because they were having this big sale. The web site says orders shipped in 24 hours. On Monday I called to get a tracking # for UPS so I would know when they would be here. We have some kids in the area that like to take UPS and FED EX packages so I always try to be here when they come. First time I called the order status line all I got was a voicemail message to leave your phone and they would call back. I did and they didn’t! I sent e-mail and never got a response. Now keep in mind my credit card had been charged on Friday! Today I called and got the run around from some sales guy about the computer being down. Then when I finally got to talk to someone in the order status dept. (his name is David and he should be working in the zoo because his people skills are severely lacking) I was called a liar and told my order was being cancelled and my name was being put on the “DON’T SELL TO” list. Wow, big deal, I guess they are the only K&N dealer in the states. Anyway I said how can you cancel my order if it has already been shipped? Well, turns out it had not even been shipped to me yet. I said they didn’t have to worry about me and the list because I would not be calling again.

Moral of the story: Deal with Truckperformance.com at your own risk! They will charge your card and not ship your order for several days or maybe not at all. And if you call wanting a little customer service and don’t kiss their butts you will find yourself on the dreaded “DON’T SELL TO” list!

------------------
Mike Kimbro
1999 F-150 Lariat, 4x4, SC, Flareside, 5.4

Old 08-22-2000, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe it's illegal for them to charge your credit card until they ship...

Old 08-23-2000, 02:16 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That's a good point, but it's not actually *illegal* for them to charge the card before the product ships. However, it isn't exactly ethical, in our opinion, unless maybe sometimes if it's a custom order situation.

This is the problem you can run into when dealing with companies that don't actually stock anything, but are merely Internet-middlemen. IN addition to their e-commerce web site, they'll have a big room full of telephone order-takers, who usually don't know a lot about the products for the most part, they just take your order. Then, they order that part from someone else, and have it drop-shipped to the customer. This is why it takes longer to get a refund, or to get another part shipped out when there is a problem, etc. In other words, it's inherent in that type of system where the vendor doesn't stock anything, but instead drop-ships everything. Now this doesn't automatically mean that all companies that do business that way are bad to deal with, it simply means that there are automatically delays that are unavoidable. The company itself may be great to work with, or they may not be, that all depends on the individual company.

We're sorry to hear that anyone had a bad experience, of course.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer