Jet Chip Vs. Superchip?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2000, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jet Chip Vs. Superchip?

I couldn't find a superchip for my truck on any of the sites i went to so i ordered one of theose Jet chips from Jet Performance products. Maybe i should have asked this before buying but, is the superchip much better than a Jet Chip or vice versa, or are they equal?

I have a '92 f-150 custom with the 4.9L inline 6, Auto tranny.

Old 08-29-2000, 11:18 AM
BTW i forgot to mention that the order isn't finalized yet so if i screwed up let me know. I am paying like $295 for the chip. Does superchips make a chip for my truck?

Old 08-30-2000, 12:39 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Ford4ever,

We're glad you found F-150 Online, welcome aboard!

Yes, we do make chips for those trucks, and yes, they are much better then the Jet products. Each Superchip is programmed for each individual vehicle, according to the exact software revision that your vehicle came with from the factory. Jet and others only make one program for all similar vehicles, so their program is compromised to run on all similar vehicles.

Also, the Superchip works *all* the time, adding power at any throttle position, whereas the Jet unit only adds power at WOT (wide-open throttle).

In addition, the Superchip costs considerably less than the Jet product as well, though I have to say in all honesty that price between brands shouldn't be a factor in your decision, nothing but the actual quality of the program inside the chip should count in that regard.

You might want to give us a call at our number below, so we can go over all the specific details with you.

Regardless of what you decide to do, it's great to see another person modifying their "Big 6", and there are some others who own those Big 6's around here.

Best of luck with your truck,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 08-30-2000, 08:12 PM
Okay i put the jet chip on hold. Can you give me a price on the superchip? Do you guys have a 1-800#?

-Jon

Old 08-31-2000, 01:11 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Jon,

Sorry, we do not have an 800 number, there just isn't that kind of money in performance programming. My apologies!

If you click on the link in my signature line, it will take you right to our online ordering sustem here on F-150 Online, and the info you wanted is right there.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: Jet Chip Vs. Superchip?