Superchip with Extended Warrenty?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2000, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Superchip with Extended Warrenty?????

Hello-
Well I am on the verge to pull out my credit card and order the chip. Like all 4.6 owners I am very on happy with the power. I have put on my 97 f150 4x4 ORP the velocity tube and K&N, RPM exhaust, and new plugs and wires, and I am still not happy with the power. I have figured all I am going to really have to pay for a month in gas is 5-10 dollars more. I think that is worth 26 hp, better shifting, and 40lbs of torque. But I was wondering, by me installing the chip with it void my extended warranty? Any help would be greatly appreicated!!
Thanks

Old 09-21-2000, 08:58 AM
wjt
Talking

Lots of discussion on this if you do a search.

Best thing to do is simply remove the Superchip when you have to take your truck in for service or a warranty repair. They'll never know about it and you'll have nothing to worry about.

-Kindest regards

------------------
1999 F150 4x4, wedgewood blue, 5.4l auto, Manick brush guard, Duraliner, KC Hilites, surf rod holders, tinted windows, K&N air filter without airbox, Velocity air intake tube, Midas Performance muffler with dual pipes, toolbox, Uniden CB with whip, and a Superchip.

Old 09-21-2000, 10:54 AM
That is true. Some of the dealers will play head games with you so why not just pull it out and save yourself some grief. After installing it a few times you will become a pro. Hopefully, you won't need to bring it to a dealer!!! Good luck

------------------
1999 F-150 Lariat SC 2 WD, White/Silver, 5.4L, 3.55LS, K & N FIPK, Superchip, underdrive pulley set, Dynomax Super Turbo Series Exhaust, six disc CD changer, towing package and captain chairs

Old 09-22-2000, 12:36 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi sboarder,

That's an important question, and so you need to know what your actual legal rights are under the law.

The Superchip does *not* void your warranty. You are protected by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which makes it *illegal* for a dealer to attempt to void your warranty or even deny a warranty claim just because you have aftermarket parts installed.

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act gives us what I call a nice set of fair-play rules, because it protects both the consumer and the automaker.

What Magnuson-Moss basically states is that prior to the denial of a waranty claim, the automaker must first prove that the aftermarket part in question was the sole cause of a failure; they must further prove that had the aftermarket part not been installed, the failure would not have happened, and that is very strong legal protection.

What is means is that you can do whatever you like to your vehicle, as long as the parts you install, whether they are performance parts, appearance parts, or simply aftermarket replacements parts such as brake pads, etc., do not actually cause *damage* to your vehicle. As long as you do not cause damage to your vehicle with those parts, your warranty remains intact, whether it's the original manufacturer's warranty or any extended warranty, the law treats all of these warranties the same.

We can thank SEMA (of which this web site is a member) for getting the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act passed, and here is a link to their site that will give you more info: http://www.sema.org/fedleg/warranty

The Superchip will not void your warranty. Any part that does not actually *damage* your vehicle will also not void your warranty.

If you'd like to go over this in evben greater detail, please feel free to give us a call at our number below, we're happy to help!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: Superchip with Extended Warrenty?????