Thanks Mike T. Awesome Program

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Mike T. Awesome Program

Mike,
Thanks for the awesome tune on the latest round on my chip. I have not had a chance to data log yet, but I have not had a check engine light since I installed it last week.

I will stay in touch.....

Thanks again!!!

Old 07-02-2004, 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Steve,

Glad to hear it!

Yes, let's do stay in touch - between both our hectic schedules, we haven't spoken over the phone in a while now.

At this point, before we do any further engine tuning changes, we'll have to have the A/F ratios, so the truck will need to get to a dyno to have the A/F ratios tested with a wideband O2, while simultaneously datalogging all the other parameters thru the OBD-II port.

Doing just the OBD-II datalogging alone without the A/F ratios tells us some things, so it's helpful without the A/F's for some areas. But that doesn't tell us anything about what kind of shape the top 2/3's of the MAF transfer function is actually in - I.E., what the resulting WOT A/F ratios actually are, so we can compare them to what we're commanding in the program and thus dial in the transfer function properly with this motor swap application (going from a 4.6 to a 5.4 using the original 4.6 PCM & ignition system - a relatively rare & interesting type of motor swap). This is the only way we can make sure you don't get a lean or rich condition long-term. You can have a scenario where it seems to run fine for a while, but then as you accumulate some more miles (say, a few hundred to a couple thousand), you pick up a lean or rich condition and/or throw a code.

I also want to make sure you get a copy of our latest datalogging instructions before you get it to the dyno for A/F ratio testing & datalogging, as we have made some changes over the past months since you got your info that gives you more thorough instructions on exactly how to do what and in what order, etc. I think I still have your email address, so I'll shoot that info out to you in another file attachment.

Take care,

Quick Reply: Thanks Mike T. Awesome Program