SUPERCHIP IN !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2000, 08:06 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Huckster,

Your post is exactly why we mention this potential interference in our 4-page "tips sheets" that we send out with each Superchip we ship. It seems that roughly about 1 in 5 of these trucks will have that "lip" that will want to interfere like that, to a greater or lesser degree, they do vary somewhat. In some cases they can be bent, in some cases they will need to be trimmed. The manufacturer's instructions mention nothing about this, they simply tell you how to install the Superchip onto the computer, somewhat generic, so we write this additional documentation so that you don't run into surprises in these vehicles.

It's somewhat common for the gas mileage to drop for the first tank or two while you're checking out the new performance levels of the vehicle with the Superchip installed. After the novelty of a new go-fast part wears off a bit and your driving returns to a bit more normal pace, you may see a small improvement in your gas mileage, time will tell.

Congratulations on getting your installation done, & enjoy your Superchip!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 09-24-2000, 12:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool SUPERCHIP IN !!!

Well, decided a SuperChip over a Tonneau cover & the Chip is installed, wasn't as easy for me as i figured it to be...computer was no prob..it was that silly bracket that holds the computer in, no matter what i did when i put the computer up in place the lip on the bracket layed right between the computer & the chip cutting the duct tape everytime. Bend easy..yeah right...ended up taking bracket out to flatten part of it out which worked fine & dandy but getting the top bolt started again with only a right arm without any help was kinda tough. Turned into a 2.5 hour job
Anyway...shifts great, gas mileage has dropped considerably tho...it seems i have my right foot stuck to the floor.............
ahhh..thats where that extra piece of Duct Tape got too.
Running gr8 so far

------------------[list=a][*]All Black 2K F-150 XLT[*]5.4 Auto, 3.55[*]Super Cab, BedLiner[*]Class III Tow Package, Rear Slider[*]Keyless Remote, Cruise, A/C, CD Player[*]Tinted Windows[*]Bug Guard[*]Black Step bars[*]Billet Custom Grill[*]K&N Filter,Air Box Modified & inlet increased to 3" from Fender[*]Flow Master Force II Exaust with Single in, Dual out Behind rear Wheels[*]Stainless Hide-a-Hook Tie downs[*]HellWig LP 25 Overloads[*]Front & Rear Color Matched Light covers[*]Dash Cover[*]SuperChip[*]Still on to do list: Electric Fan(s) Rancho 9000's,American Racing 16 X 8 Baja's,Snug Top or Tonneau,B&M Shift Kit[/list=a]

Quick Reply: SUPERCHIP IN !!!