FTVB & chip?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FTVB & chip?

I posted this in the transmissions forum, but didn't get a response....maybe Mike can help me

I've got a 2001 5.4l f150 supercrew with:

JBA headers
Air force one intake
Magnaflow catback
Ported/polished throttle body/elbow
Superchips flip chip

I figure that since it's time to change the transmission fluid, now's a good time for the next mod

I've read that the FTVB should be used with a stock program. Will using the valve body with a chip (programmed for higher line pressure) cause damage, or just harder shifts?

Thanks!!

Old 07-01-2004, 10:37 AM
you may want to reburn the chip after the install as the valve body will flow more fluid causing the firmer shift. had mine redone due to shifts were to firm.
Randy

Old 07-01-2004, 08:15 PM
ported/polished tb

im sorry this dosnt anser your question but i have new 75mm throttle body and wanted to know how and what to use to port and polish my elbow and did it make a differnce thanks 72 mustang

Old 07-01-2004, 10:45 PM
I did the elbow with a die grinder, a dremel tool, and some sandpaper (in that order). Turned out pretty good... don't know that it made much of a difference, but every little bit helps.

Old 07-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi rball5,

One of the main things to watch out for is whether it shifts hard on light-throttle lower-speed upshifts - like when pulling away slowly from a standstill, the lower speed light-throttle 1-2, 2-3 & 3-4 upshifts. Those are some areas that tend to feel too harsh for some driver's tastes - if it's shifting hard at lighter throttle positions (or seems too harsh at *any* throttle position), then I would change the transmission calibration in the chip.

One important tip regarding any potential tuning changes to your present #1300 2-program Superchip Flip Chip - before spending any money to have the program changed in that Flip Chip, I suggest first calling us to see what kind of trade-in deal we can make for you to get into our in-depth custom tuning in the newer 4-bank multi-program style of Superchip. I say this simply because we can get significant *additional* power and performance gains (as well as a bit more mpg, too) beyond what your present Superchip is giving you with our in-depth custom tuning in the newer 4-bank type of Superchip - enough to make it worth while to upgrade for most people. It's at least worth a phone call to see what we can work out for you and go over exactly what more we can do in the custom tune before spending any money to change anything in your present tuning - just FYI.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: FTVB & chip?