Superchip install question

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2000, 08:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Superchip install question

Would I encounter any problems if I install a superchip on my 97 expy with 70,000 miles? Thanks.
BTW-Is there a superchip out for a 99 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 with a 318?

[This message has been edited by Blue97X (edited 09-24-2000).]

Old 09-24-2000, 08:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should not have any problems at all installing a Superchip in your Expy nor will the chip cause any damage to your vehicle.

I am sure there is a chip out there for the RAM. Check out the Superchips web page (although the chip for the RAM is not accessible). You can try to contact them and see.

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, 4x2, 5.4L Supercab, Superchip, Styleside, Black with silver two-tone, 3.55 rear, class III towing package with heavy duty cooling package, Heavy duty shocks, 4 wheel disk ABS, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, dark graphite interior, in dash CD, factory leather wrapped steering wheel, FORD bedliner, FORD black tubular cab steps, K&N air filter, mar-hyde rubberized undercoating, Modine climate filtration system, Bugflector II, Mobil 1 oil and filter

[This message has been edited by Dustoff (edited 09-25-2000).]

Old 09-25-2000, 07:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks.

Old 09-25-2000, 01:08 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Blue,

As long as your engine is basically healthy, not using excessive oil, then 70,000 is not too many miles to do that at. We have customers who have installed Superchips at 130,000 miles and more, with no problems. It's all a matter of whether or not the engine is healthy.

It used to be that 70,000 miles was considered a fair amount of miles to have on a vehicle, but with the advances that have been made in assembly techniques (using align boring & torque plates), metallurgy & lubricants, engines made in the past decade or so, combined with the fact that today's engines are cruising at considerably lower rpms overall, are easily capable of going 250,000 miles and more with routine service!

With regards to the 1996 & newer Mopars, we do not have products for them, I'm sorry to say, as we just have not had the time to do all the R&D with as busy as these Fords & GMs keep us.

However, for your 1999 Mopar I would suggest talking to your local dealership parts department, and ask them if they have a "Performance Computer" available for that vehicle. Mopar has been making their own line of "Performance Computers" for about 5 years now, and they make them for both gas engine and diesel engine trucks. You will of course need to check to see if one is available for that particular vehicle, but if so, that is what I would suggest. Mopar tunes in their performance computers pretty much like Superchips does, meaning they work adding power at *all* throttle positions, not just on full-throttle like most other cnipmakers. So if Mopar has one available for that vehicle, I'd go that route, and good luck!

If you would like more detialed info, plerase feel free to give us a shout, our contact info is just below for your convenience, and we also have an online ordering system for the Superchip right here on F-150 Online. The link to that system is just below in my signature line. You will need to select the option for "all other Fords" on the first screen, just so you know,and then deeper into the system is the area for vehicle model, etc. Just give us a shout if you have any questions.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: Superchip install question