Whats the best chip out there?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2000, 10:48 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Whats the best chip out there?

IM very interested in getting a chip for my 97 f150, but I want to get a chip thats going to benefit my truck the most. Please let me know what the best chip out there is.

Old 09-24-2000, 08:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can see you have been on this board since January so I would assume you have read tons of stuff on this matter on this board. If not, I might suggest you go back through the computer chip forum and check out the posts from the past. There is a lot of info. I just hope you're not trying to stir up s**t like you have on some other posts you have written in other forums.

Old 09-24-2000, 04:35 PM
Banned
grow up and get a life. I even apologized and my apology was not accepted...im mature enough to know when im wrong, but are you.

Old 09-24-2000, 08:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went with the Superchip (vs Hypertech and Jet) because it works all the time, instead of just at WOT (wide open throttle). This is my second F-150 with the Superchip and I am 100% pleased with the performance gains it offers. Superchip also provides the most HP and Torque vs the rest (unless I am mistaken). Very simple installation.

Contact Mike Troyer for more info or to place an order.

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, 4x2, 5.4L Supercab, Superchip, Styleside, Black with silver two-tone, 3.55 rear, class III towing package with heavy duty cooling package, Heavy duty shocks, 4 wheel disk ABS, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, dark graphite interior, in dash CD, factory leather wrapped steering wheel, FORD bedliner, FORD black tubular cab steps, K&N air filter, mar-hyde rubberized undercoating, Modine climate filtration system, Bugflector II, Mobil 1 oil and filter

Old 09-24-2000, 09:01 PM
Banned
thanx for the info

Old 09-25-2000, 01:14 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi LoCox,

The Superchip is the only one that is made for each individual vehicle, and also adds power all the time, instead of just at full-throttle. That is why they are so popular here.

Each Superchip is programmed for the exact software revision that your particular vehicle came with from the factory in it's computer. For example in your 1997 F-150, you would look for your "computer code", as we refer to it, by opening your passenger door, and look in the front part of the door frame, in the general area of the door hinges. There is a sticker there with 3 letters and a number on it, and that is your computer code, which is what we need to make the program specifically for *your* truck. If you happen to check there and your sticker is missing, let me know and I'll give you a couple other places you can find code stickers, ok?

And of course, please feel free to give us a call or shoot us an email, and we'll be happy to go over all the specific details about the Superchip for your vehicle, depending on which engine you have, etc., so you'll have all that info as well.

Best of luck with your truck,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: Whats the best chip out there?