9100 email update question

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 9100 email update question

Anyone have the 9100 with the email update? Has anyone tried to use the email update? I tried but the tuner won't finish installing the program. It gives me an error code 127. I don't know if it has something to do with the way I'm updating the tuner or what.

If someone has used it, could you go through steps to update the tuner? Or provide some insight into possible problems.

Old 07-03-2004, 09:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
call them

had some of the same problems myself. call them and they will walk you thru the proceedure--thats the best advice.
Randy

Old 07-06-2004, 03:41 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi fstfrd,

Sorry to hear you're having a problem!

I really can't help you properly here, as diagnosis on the Internet doesn't work well, and it's against the rules of F-150 Online for vendors to provide Tech Support here on their message boards. So I really can't do much other than to echo what Randy said, and advise that you either do as the Micro Tuner's manual states and call the manufacturer directly, or to call your vendor (if that was us, then call us at our number listed below, etc.) for help with this, OK? Thanks!

Briefly............

A 127 error can be caused by different things, but basically the PCM is not responding to the flash. This is in many cases simply due to not quite turning the ignition switch fully to the "ON" position when it tells you to in the Micro Tuner's programming procedure, for example.

When you get a 127 error, what the manufacturer advises is to disconnect the Micro Tuner from the vehicle - then turn the ignition switch to the "OFF" position (if it's already Off, then cycle it to to the ON position and then back to the OFF position). Then reconnect the Micro Tuner, and attempt to return the vehicle back to it's STOCK factory program. Then try to start the vehicle. Make *sure* that when it's time to turn the ignition switch "ON" during the programming procedure as it tells you in the documentation (and on the Micro Tuner's LCD screen), that the ignition switch is fully rotated to the "ON" position. I say that simply because we have seen a few people turn the ignition switch far enough that they *think* it's fully in the ON position, but in reality it wasn't quite fully rotated into position, so the PCM couldn't take the program upload. We've also seen a number of people simply fail to turn the ignition switch ON at all when it is required (you'll cycle the ignition switch a couple of times during the flashing procedure).

If the Micro Tuner were not getting power properly, I'd say to check the cigarette lighter fuse, as that fuse also controls power thru the OBD-II port, but that doesn't sound like your problem.

Those "basics" are about all I can tell you right here & now, my friend - for further help, please give either the manufacturer a call directly (their number is in your Micro Tuner's instruction manual), or you can call your vendor, meaning whoever you actually purchased your Micro Tuner from (if that was us, then call us, of course ).

Sorry I can't be of more help right now, & please don't hesitate to contact either the manufacturer or your vendor (us?) so you can get proper help on this, OK?

Good luck!

Quick Reply: 9100 email update question