got Superchip today. WOW !

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2000, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post got Superchip today. WOW !

Hey Guys, I got superchip today and took me 3hrs to install. I was so worried that my truck wouldn't start after reading all the warnings and other messages. No problems except for that damn screw in the wiring harness. I had to take out the battery and still had troubles getting to it. I might have over done the cleaning of the connectors, but wanted to be for sure. After re-installing the computer and praying that the truck would start. I turned the key and, BOUYA ,I am in business. Then of course, I had to go for a test drive. I hit the HWY. floor it on the offramp and I am off. Before I knew it I was at 90,91,92,93,94,95,96 and it is changing gears !!!!! 97,98,99,100 and I let off. Man, was I really screaming - I will have to test, again tomorrow.

COOP

------------------
1998 XLT Super Cab, Flare side, 4x4 off-road, Black W/ grey interior, Superchip, K&N filter, Dual exhaust, Glass packs...

Old 09-30-2000, 12:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

A happy chip owner and a new installation record..3hours! (I know you were just being extra careful!) That 10mm bolt can be a pain in the butt for sure!

What engine do you have?

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, 4x2, 5.4L Supercab, Superchip, Styleside, Black with silver two-tone, 3.55 rear, class III towing package with heavy duty cooling package, Heavy duty shocks, 4 wheel disk ABS, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, dark graphite interior, in dash CD, factory leather wrapped steering wheel, FORD bedliner, FORD black tubular cab steps, K&N air filter, mar-hyde rubberized undercoating, Modine climate filtration system, Bugflector II, Mobil 1 oil and filter

Old 09-30-2000, 07:57 PM
Thumbs up

Happy times !..lol. Mine really pulls the last half of second gear. Best of luck.

------------------
2000 F-150 XL,RC,LB,5.4,4R70W,3.55LS,
Class III tow/Payload #3/Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS,Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner & gas/wheel/spare locks,
3" cold air box modification, Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back,
3" exit Y-pipe, Hellwig rear anti-sway bar.

Old 09-30-2000, 08:36 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Coop,

Congratulations on your install!

It is fun going out for that first blast, and even better when you have the entire rest of the weekend to play with a new go-fast toy.

Have fun,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 09-30-2000, 08:39 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Max,

Good point you made about the last half of second gear in the automatics!

And the reason it feel so much stronger there is that in addition to the raw power gained in the motor from the Superchip, we also restore the power the factory program basically "robs" from you at full-throttle about half-way thru second gear. They lock up the torque converter prematurely at that point, and when that happens, you lose a good 100 lbs./ft. of torque. By fixing that, you now get the benefit of not only the power we actually add to the motor, but you also get back that lost 100 lbs./ft. of torque, too, so it feels very nice there.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System

Old 09-30-2000, 09:36 PM
thanks for the response>> Does anyone no or heard of the "check engine" light coming on ? It came on today and I don't know what to think. Please help >

Old 10-06-2000, 01:27 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Coop,

I just saw this addition post of yours. By now you've disconnected the battery, and that CE light has been taken care of.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Quick Reply: got Superchip today. WOW !