SUPERCHIPPED!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2000, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool SUPERCHIPPED!!

First off....Thanks Mike. I'm very greatful that you returned my call Saturday morning to provide the guidance necessary for me to get that ECU squared away for the chip.

If anyone else has a type "A" ECU, be sure to solder the jumpers while its out. It was a very simple task to make the mod outlined in the URL provided by Mike, and with the instructions in the box.

When that puppy started, I could hear the difference right off the bat. The crackle on deceleration that is common with a off idle WOT rev up is gone. The drone at cruising speed, which I love, has reduced considerably. The transmission seems like it had a brain transplant. It now knows exactly when to shift up and down. And no more slippin around in 2 gears at the same time like its trying to decide if IT can make the pass or not.

The Superchip should have been a factory option. They should ask you at the dealership when you buy the truck, are you a person that loves to drive, and do you like the look of Z71 headlights in your rear veiw mirror, then you get a chip.

You wouldn't think a 6000 pound truck with 3.08:1 gears and 275 tires could put so much rubber on the road, but now it does. I'm having way too much fun to even think about mileage gains, I will check that on the next tank...I think. ;-}~~

Thanks again Mike, for makin my truck more fun than when I bought it new.

------------------
Terry Deaton
99 F150 XLT, 4.6, S/C, S/B SUPERCHIP, K&N FIPK, Nerfs, Leer Top, Cow Catcher W/Bright A$$ Lights, True Duals with hi flow cats. Coming soon: +4s, MSD 8.5s, Fabtech 3" and 4.10s.
96 SVT COBRA
98 AERO
Speed Kills, drive a Chevy and live forever.

[This message has been edited by TREADMARKS (edited 09-17-2000).]

Old 09-17-2000, 07:52 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Terry,

You're very welcome, I'm delighted you closed your jumpers and you're up and running, excellent! Every once in awhile here we'll come across one of those "jumper boxes", as we call them, and as soon as they're closed, vroom!, you're off and running, as it should be.

I'm keeping an eye on that hurricane too, thanks to our conversation & you letting me know about it, and good luck with that, I hope you don't get too much damage from the storm.

Have fun, & thanks for your post,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 09-19-2000, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hell yea,
TREADMARKS,

Also being recently introduced to the power of the Superchip, I know where you're comin from. I added a bus pass to get to and from school last semester during pre-registration. I wished I wouldn't have cause I don't get to show off my truck to those bowties during the week. When the gas bill comes at the end of the month, it looks like I'm a daily driver. But when the weekend comes, you'll hardly ever see me at home. Makes me wonder if I should start a Taxi Cab Company with F-150's. Kill two birds in one stone (but I guess the passengers wouldn't agree to my driving habbits).

------------------
1999 F150 4x4 5.4L XLT X-Cab, Tow Pkg ORP,heavy duty alternator, factory tranny and engine oil cooler
8.8 front/9.75 LS rear, 3.55 gears, K&N Gen II, 40 Flomaster (w/4" chrome tip), Superchip, 32x11.50 Swampers
-future mods
JBA headers (Jet-hot coated), Flex-a-lite, JL Audio subs, Sony CD-Player, Magnacharger, cowl induction, straight axle conversion (8 inch lift w/crossover steering), 4.56 gears, 38.5x16 Boggers, Dana 60 front, Dana 70 rear (Detroit locker)

Old 10-06-2000, 02:17 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
A "hot-rod" F-150 Taxi service, now *that's* what we need around here!

I like the idea, personally.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: SUPERCHIPPED!!