can you redo a chip for a different model ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2000, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question can you redo a chip for a different model ?

HEY MIKE, i was wondering if it is possible to have my chip redone for a different one, i am thinking of ordering another truck this week but was wondering if my chip would work in the new one i will order? it will still have a v-10 in it but i am getting a crewcab this time with just a few changes. let me know man i cant live without my chip it is working great getting 13- 14 mpg on trips and 10 - 11 racing around town. i need to get a different truck cause the one i have has 3:73 reg gears and im balding the right rear tire , lol.

thanks mike

------------------
2000 F-250 SuperDuty SC,SB,4x4, 6.8L V-10 auto.3:73 gears, SUPERCHIP, Tech style tonneau cover, back country chrome step bars, Goodyear 305x70x16 ATS tires www/angelfire.com/rock/nFiredude/Firedude26's

Old 10-11-2000, 12:31 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi firedude26,

Nice to "see" you again!

Generally speaking, a Superchip for a V-10 can be reprogrammed to work in another V-10, as long as there have not been any mechanical changes to the computer itself, like a change in the pinout sequnce of the edge connector, etc.

When you get your next new V-10, give us a shout with the computer code, and then we can tell you if this will work for you. As long as they haven't changed the computer itself, it's usually just a matter of us having the program already done for that new computer code, and if so, then we can just reprogram it for you. Sometimes on brand-new vehicles, it takes a little while before we have each new code done, for example.

I'll bet that gets expensive, trading in a new V-10 for another new V-10, good luck on the deal!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: can you redo a chip for a different model ?