Superchipped

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2000, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Superchipped

Well, it's been over two weeks since I installed the Superchip and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Quite a seat'o'the pants increase in zip. I also took it on a highway trip and got 19 mpg. I didn't stomp on the throttle much, as I was interested in seeing how much mileage I could get. The best previous mileage I've had was 17, before the chip. Next up, an Airforce One intake, and then A Ravin exhaust.

------------------
1998 F150 Lariat 4x4 Extended Cab. 4.6L Auto
Mods: Superchip
Planned: Airforce One

Old 10-11-2000, 01:29 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Jayf,

Glad to hear your enjoying your new Superchip.

Most of our V-8 automatic F-150 owners report back with gains of 1.5-2.0 more mpg on average, a few higher, some a bit lower, so your numbers sound right in line. This is merely a by-product of the tuning done on part-throttle in the Superchip, so your results will of course depend on all the same factors that always affect fuel mileage. As long as you're not using a lot of heavy throttle, you should see better mileage with the Superchip, basically, all else being equal. There is usually a small increase there, it will just depend on how it's driven, and the energy content of the fuel being used.

Thanks for your post, & good luck with your next 2 mods, they'll both work very well with the Superchip.

Have fun,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 12-14-2000).]

Quick Reply: Superchipped