Super Chip install... thanks Mike T

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2000, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Super Chip install... thanks Mike T

Well thanks to Mike T and this message board I just finished the install of my Superchip. If fact I just got back from my test drive and I can tell a difference. Biggest thing I see right now is the shifts under heavy accerlation. Very tight and quick. Noticed a little more get up and go but will wait to see how MPG does for final thoughts.

Anyway I just wanted to publically thank Mike for his help on the phone when I was considering buying a chip. His indepth knowledge convinced me that I (a non-wrench head) person could do this install. In fact is quite simple and took about a hour. I even had to remove the battery as I could not get my big hands behind it to loosen the 10mm bolt. Everything else went quick and easy. Reading this board helped a bunch also. So thanks to all.

------------------
2000 HD F150
1998 FXDWG 95th Anniversary Model

Old 10-14-2000, 12:05 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi F150HD,

Thanks for your post, & congratulations on your installation going smoothly!

Your right, if you have big hands you may well need to pull the battery to gain full access to the wiring harness and it's 10mm bolt that needs to be loosened so the harness can be detached.

Those HD models are very sharp-looking vehicles, we've seen a couple of them on the highway with a Harley bike being towed behind.

Have fun,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: Super Chip install... thanks Mike T